hand vibes

gixerich

Registered
Hi guys I'm loving my new 2015 'busa but finding on longer runs I'm getting numb/sore hands through handlebar vibration. Anyone any suggestions to combat this?

Throttlemeister. It will allow you to take your hands off the bars for a short time to shake them out.

Mine started bothering me around 40000kms, before that it didn't bother me.
I got some thicker gel grips for $20 and it is much better.

I just went on a 700km ride and no issues.

Throttlemeister. It will allow you to take your hands off the bars for a short time to shake them out.

I second this. I put a throttlemeister on mine and not only does it save your hands but you can sit up and stretch your back out and move around. A must for long rides. I never had problems with vibrations through the bars though.

Throttlemeister and make sure that you are supporting your upper body with your core muscles, not leaning on your hands.

i too have this same problem....only seems to be throttle side though. I support my core. Im thinking i may replace my grips with gel as well...You know then i would be gellin

wife had the same issues on her busa, i put the kuryakyn black grips on, she said it helped tremendously

A couple of suggestions.
A) Grip heaters are cheap and that little bit of warmth helps big time with circulation.
B) A good throttle lock is a must. I have tried several including the Throttlemeister Heavy, but have settled on the tried and true (and cheap!) NEP.
C) Stock (and most aftermarket) Bar ends lack sufficient mass to adequately dampen the handlebar vibrations. I have a knurled set made of solid brass that I have used on two bikes for the better part of 3 decades now and nothing I have tried is as effective at killing vibes! They are ~.375 longer than stock though so this may not be for everyone.
D) Crampbuster is an awesome little add on if (!) you can tolerate it on your throttle grip. It has a little beaver tale that rests on the palm of you hand and allows you to just rest your hand on it rather than gripping the throttle while cruising.
E) Aftermarket bar risers (Helibars etc.) can alleviate a lot of discomfort by repositioning your arms. Not for everyone as some folks just dont dig the sit up position afforded by some of these.

Karl, what grips did you go with?

Kitchener Rider: Have you ridden your wife's bike with the kuryakyn grips? If so, what did you think?

I've thought to trying a set of those foam over your grips add on, Grip Puppies I think, to see if they made a difference before I spent money on different grips. Any thoughts on these?

I agree with dadofthree - the more saddle time I put in, the less my body complained about the various aspects of the riding position. Except for my right knee - but it complains no matter what.

Have the balance on your front tire checked. Even a bit out of balance will send vibrations up to your hands. I do my own balancing and need to check my front, I'm getting a bit of a buzz after 6000 miles on the current tire.

The only thing that ever solved that problem for me was when I stopped leaning on my hands. Started building up my core and holding myself up with my core body muscles and the hand problems went away.

Also, workouts with proper deadlifts will help immensely.

--Wag--

Back