excessive vibration

busaboi05

Registered
Just bought a 05 GSX1300R. It has excessive vibration transmitting through the handlebars. Makes my hands go numb in 20 miles or less. Mirrors also shake at idle. Buzzing noise @ 3000+ rpms in dash area. Is this normal?

Just bought a 05 GSX1300R. It has excessive vibration transmitting through the handlebars. Makes my hands go numb in 20 miles or less. Mirrors also shake at idle. Buzzing noise @ 3000+ rpms in dash area. Is this normal?
If you dont have a death grip on the bars, or overly sensitive hands then, no its not normal. The buzzing my be the windshield see if thats the problem, all in all the bike is pretty smooth and not excessively buzzy. It does buzz a bit when engine-braking but just cruzing expecially at 3-4K its smooth.

Idle isn't the smoothest on 'Busas.

What rpm are you getting the vibration at?

Buzzing noise is probably your screen. Take it out and put some electrical tape along the bottom edge where it fits into the fairing and that should fix it.

<!--EDIT|DAB
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119699254 -->

Welcome to the board by the way.
smile.gif

the vibration occurs mainly at cruising speed 3000 rpm and up. i wouldn't consider my hands to be overly sensitive because I also ride a harley and my hands are fine. i will take it back to the dealer to get checked out.

Thanks

the vibration occurs mainly at cruising speed 3000 rpm and up. i wouldn't consider my hands to be overly sensitive because I also ride a harley and my hands are fine. i will take it back to the dealer to get checked out.

Thanks
Let the dealer look at it - remeber your wrist are holding your upper body weight and it my take time to get used to it. I still get a numb right hand on long rides and I got 7000 miles on an 02.

Welcome to our Board!

You ride a Harley and you think the 'Busa's mirrors shake?

Last time I saw a Harley at a stop sign his mirrors looked like helicopter blades....
smile.gif

my 05 busa le also has a rattle with the windsheild under most condictions and my mirrors also vibrate most of the time :p

i was thinking about taking it out and putting some thin foam weatherstripping on it, hmmm electric tape eh. To bad i used all my 33+ on cleaning up the alarm wires
sad.gif

All busas buzz in the 4500-5500 RPM range, it's characteristic of the beast. I'd bet that all our mirrors also vibrate at certain RPMs. Mine do, but not to the extent that I can't see out of them. My hands and wrist get a little numb on occasion, after a long stretch in the saddle, but all my past bikes did that to me. I've been listening and watching my windscreen for that supposed noise caused by vibration, but mine seems to be well insulated.....so far anyway.
At any rate, welcome to the board and enjoy! I've been riding sports oriented type bikes since 1970 and can truthfully say that the busa is by far the best motorcycle I have ever had the pleasure of throwing a leg over.....all that and I only have 600 miles on the clock and have yet to stretch her legs!!

All busas buzz in the 4500-5500 RPM range, it's characteristic of the beast. I'd bet that all our mirrors also vibrate at certain RPMs. Mine do, but not to the extent that I can't see out of them. My hands and wrist get a little numb on occasion, after a long stretch in the saddle, but all my past bikes did that to me. I've been listening and watching my windscreen for that supposed noise caused by vibration, but mine seems to be well insulated.....so far anyway.
At any rate, welcome to the board and enjoy! I've been riding sports oriented type bikes since 1970 and can truthfully say that the busa is by far the best motorcycle I have ever had the pleasure of throwing a leg over.....all that and I only have 600 miles on the clock and have yet to stretch her legs!!
yea....what he said!
idea.gif

I recently developed Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in my left hand after a 1000 KM day ride on my Busa...go figger...
bomb.gif

<!--EDIT|stevew
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121870577 -->

Get a throttle lock and relax the grips a bit more... Take more breaks after hard riding. Hmmm, what else...

Enjoy the quirks of the Busa, surprised you did not mention the 5-6 gear shifting issue most newer owners talk about.

Welcome

my 04 vibrates alot thru the grips below 4000 rpm. I think it is just the nature of the beast. It's not the smoothest running enginge below 4000......i've solved the problem by not shifting untill the tach hits at least 10500 rpms
smile.gif
seems to smooth the old girl right out.

my 05 has very slight vibe only at 4600to 4700 other than that smoooth as silk through the whole rpm range so i ain't bitchin (love it mean it)

My 05 LE is a little buzzy around 5000. Every where else is smoooooth. Tranny gets better with every mile. Life is good.:)

Yeah mine vibrates around 60-70 mph ... or 4000-5000 rmp's... i thought i might have flat spotted the tire at 1st. But when i put the cluch in the vibration goes away.. i can feel it more in my feet than in my hands.. It almost makes my legs go numb. Yeah and what about that 5-6th geasr problem.. once in a while i can never seem to shift it right

Back