Hand calculated MPG

smaller fuel tank than previous generations still mans that needle drop quicker than before. id say mid 40s mpg and you in the ball park with plenty of other riders.

Another good thing here is the busa computer said 46mpg too! The first thing I thought was how come car and truck computers aren't that accurate. My truck always showed 20mpg but I was getting 15-16mpg. I really like that about Toyota and my car when I bought it, the sticker said 28-32 and it consistently gets 30-31 combo driving. I'm also really enjoying the clutchless shifting and cruise control. These two things make this bike one of the best out there and of course the massive power and speed these things give out.

Another good thing here is the busa computer said 46mpg too! The first thing I thought was how come car and truck computers aren't that accurate. My truck always showed 20mpg but I was getting 15-16mpg. I really like that about Toyota and my car when I bought it, the sticker said 28-32 and it consistently gets 30-31 combo driving. I'm also really enjoying the clutchless shifting and cruise control. These two things make this bike one of the best out there and of course the massive power and speed these things give out.
On the car and truck computer mpg thing.
Most every vehicle with a mpg calculater has a way to change it and set it accurately.
Most are off from factory.

Just out of curiosity has anybody tested the speedo with a GPS?.

I normally get 35+ mpg. Once on tour I spent a whole day riding every road inside Yellowstone NP and got nearly 50 mpg. Remarkably I average 46 mpg on my Kawasaki. I’ve had a few low speed rides in the foothills on it and got almost 50 mpg. @ $5 a gallon that’s still a $20+ fill up. A 3-400 mile day ride can cost over $40!:confused:

I've never calculated mileage on my bike, I ride it until it needs more fuel....don't really care about the mileage...if I did, I'd be driving a Prius and growing a man bun...and harassing people in parking lots and such....
....wait til you get old and grumpy

....wait til you get old and grumpy
According to my wife, that day has already come...

My wife still works so being me, I thought it wrong for her to have to work all day and have to come home to domestic duties so I taught myself how to cook and take care of the house...

She tells her friends I'm the most dangerous housekeeper in the neighborhood...must be a dig towards my cooking...

Last edited:
Special forces, housekeeping. It's all the same jungle warfare skillset...
Very true....I think I'd rather be hanging off the side of a helo going into a hot LZ than screw up my wife's delicates in the laundry...

Even my daughter-in-law got me an apron for a father's day gift it says "hey kids if you like fire trucks-grandpas' grilling-you might see one." I sure feel the love there....

Back