40 mpg at 315lbs

The Average MPG gauge only goes to 50 and won't read any higher - said so in the manual.

I've gotten 52-53 on long rides, otherwise 40-45 is average :laugh::laugh::laugh:

ok kool, i havent had a a ride past 40 miles without stopping yet. when i get buell pegs, heli bars etc, i will be taking a 6 hour trip home to mississippi from texas. hope my football knees hold up:laugh:

bigjack7679 said:
ok kool, i havent had a a ride past 40 miles without stopping yet. when i get buell pegs, heli bars etc, i will be taking a 6 hour trip home to mississippi from texas. hope my football knees hold up:laugh:

What part of Mississippi are you in, Sir??

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

On my completely stock '06 I could behave and try to ride sixth gear around 4K RPMs and get 50 MPG. The Gen I had a sweet spot for gas mileage at 4K. Don't know about the Gen II. Anyone know if the Gen II has a sweet spot ? I need to check mine I'm sure or at least I hope it's in the 40's. Running a pipe on this one.

i have been getin 40,41,42 average keeping it at 4k or lower in 6th gear.. Thats with occasional blast to 90mph put not often. and i sit str8 up

bigjack7679 said:
Im from Port Gibson. It is right below Vicksburg, MS and about 45min southwest of Jackson. Ever past through those neck of the woods

No Sir but sounds like a good day trip:whistle:

Lived in Benton County(North Central Ms) from 1979-84.

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

Wow thats some impressive numbers, i'm lucky to see 34 if i'm babying mine

Course i suppose with a 1441, and spending 99% of its life up at the top of the tach :whistle::whistle:

I repeatedly get around 52 MPG, but I ride 120 miles round trip to work on the interstate. I also changed my rear sprocket to a 39 tooth and use my CCS-100 cruise control 90% of the time on the interstate. My Gen II cruises at around 3750 RPM at 70 MPH while on the interstate.

I just picked up an 06 recently and spending half as much on gas as I did driving my mustang to work/home (160 mile round trip). When I filled up last night I had used 3.09 gallons for 159.7 miles... ~just over 53mpg

Some Saudi Prince is probably going to have his lambourghini repossessed now that I have the bike!

maybe my tune is off!?

03 with :brocks gen 3, BMC race filter, -1 front, weight 280......im getting 23 in town....and 33-36 on highway..

this is WITH an ECU dyno tune..

I WISH i could get even HIGH 20's in town...and low 40's on highway

maybe my tune is off!?

03 with :brocks gen 3, BMC race filter, -1 front, weight 280......im getting 23 in town....and 33-36 on highway..

this is WITH an ECU dyno tune..

I WISH i could get even HIGH 20's in town...and low 40's on highway
I'm getting around 36 on the highway on my 03 with a full exhaust, filter, pc and 16/42 gearing. I got mid 40's stock, but you won't get stock mileage with performance mods. You weigh quite a bit more than me, but I'm running more gearing, so I think that balances out. It sounds like you're mileage is fine for your mods. I do very little in town riding (too dangerous) so not sure what my city mileage would be.

I get around 42-44 mpg.

Can someone please delete this one? I'm using my phone and hit the back button by mistake and thought the first one didn't post.

Thanks.

I tested my 09' one time, & I got about 45. I'm much lighter than you however. I'm 190lbs at best. I'm curious though. You said your mph was dead on. Your speedometer is reading correctly, without any mods (speedohealer, etc....)?

Thx :)

thanks for the support that my MPG are decently correct. i was tempted to drive a LONG way to have someone else look at the map...

still wish i could get a little more out of her...perhaps i have have 6th gear 4k-5k leaned out by a tuner to help with HIghway.

(all my mods, but before the tune i got 43 MPG on the ride to the tuner...)

thanks for the support that my MPG are decently correct. i was tempted to drive a LONG way to have someone else look at the map...

still wish i could get a little more out of her...perhaps i have have 6th gear 4k-5k leaned out by a tuner to help with HIghway.

(all my mods, but before the tune i got 43 MPG on the ride to the tuner...)
The shock at first of the mileage drop after mods takes a little getting used to, but the performance gain for me was WELL worth it, and I don't even miss the extra mileage anymore. Still better mileage than most cars :laugh:

I tested my 09' one time, & I got about 45. I'm much lighter than you however. I'm 190lbs at best. I'm curious though. You said your mph was dead on. Your speedometer is reading correctly, without any mods (speedohealer, etc....)?

Thx :)

I cant remember when i was 190. :laugh:
I brought my 08 used almost a month ago. I read that these bike were on average 6 t0 8% off. So before buying a speedo healer, I used my car gps and a gps app to check how accurate the speedo was. I was shocked to see that at 30,40,50 60, and 70, the gps was within 0.5mph of being dead on with the speedo

Back