Guys, we have a member who could use our help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
sad.gif
Have a safe trip there!

whelp, nothin like helpin out someone who needs it.

"The reward we seek should be in the deed itself..."

PAC is in for $50 skins. Done and done.
beerchug.gif

(PACIFICBUSA @ Dec. 03 2006,21:54) whelp, nothin like helpin out someone who needs it.

beerchug.gif
Merry Christmas..

Thank you pac!

Santa

Father_Christmas___Snowman_resized_128.gif

Holy cow... I never thought me ranting to the board about my dad pissing me off would end up in donations to send me to see my grandpa.
bowdown.gif

(yamahor @ Dec. 03 2006,22:00) Holy cow... I never thought me ranting to the board about my dad pissing me off would end up in donations to send me to see my grandpa.
bowdown.gif
That post did not start this post.

Read the ho..ho..ho post and what you wished for. That is what this is all about.

Santa

Christmas_Wishes_resized_128.jpg

(Santa Claus @ Dec. 03 2006,20:57)
(PACIFICBUSA @ Dec. 03 2006,21:54) whelp, nothin like helpin out someone who needs it.

beerchug.gif
Merry Christmas..

Thank you pac!

Santa
'tis nothing, Santa. I can't even begin to repay what the board has done for me.

A very merry christmas to all...
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

(yamahor @ Dec. 03 2006,21:00) Holy cow... I never thought me ranting to the board about my dad pissing me off would end up in donations to send me to see my grandpa.
bowdown.gif
hey...

just be glad it's not too far away.

Crap...in order for me to get anywhere it's a $1500 ticket and 6 hours in the air.
laugh.gif

And they ask me why I don't get off this rock more often. LOL
laugh.gif

It's all good, though...life is life in paradise.
biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

(Santa Claus @ Dec. 04 2006,00:02)
(yamahor @ Dec. 03 2006,22:00) Holy cow... I never thought me ranting to the board about my dad pissing me off would end up in donations to send me to see my grandpa.
bowdown.gif
That post did not start this post.

Read the ho..ho..ho post and what you wished for. That is what this is all about.

Santa
oh... well then. I just remember I mentioned my grandfathers situation in it... anyway, either way... wow...

donated to a good man for a good cause. may God bless you ben
and you mc for showing your heart once again.
too everone that gives for a great cause like this may our lord bless each and ever one.

(yamahor @ Dec. 03 2006,19:59) Coming from Central VA (Charlottesville area). Going to Jacksonville, Fla.

I can't say thanks enough everyone...
Money Sent...

If you need anything while your in Jacksonville let me know. I will P.M. you my number

This a subject that hits me VERY close to my heart.

Quick story. Well, two, actually.

Several years ago, my grandmother fell and broke her hip. Went to the hospital and spent about six weeks there. For some reason, she kept having complication after complication and we though she was going to spend the rest of her life there.

I called her once. I spoke to her for a good long hour and had the best conversation I've ever had with her in all my life. We talked about things that we had never been able to talk about before and I hung up thinking, "This is the start of something REALLY good!"

A week later, she had some sort of embolism and died. Turns out, she did spend the rest of her life there. Turns out it was the beginning of something good. My only regret was in having not been able to go see her before she died. Well, we visited her a lot during her last couple of years so I don't regret it too terribly much. But I'm VERY glad I picked up the phone and called her and I hold the memory precious and close to my heart to this day.

Fast forward one year to story #2. My grandfather kept having water collection around his lungs. He'd go into the hospital, spend a week getting recovered and be okay for six or eight weeks and then have to do it all over again.

Thanksgiving that year rolled around and we went to visit family. Grandpa was in the hospital again and couldn't join the family. We dropped in to visit him and had a low-key conversation. Grandpa just wasn't himself for a couple of hours. Normally, he had always been very garrulous with plenty to say. Very intelligent, powerful man.

That day, however, the change in him was a little depressing. One word answers, low tone, no eye contact. That kind of thing. Finally, I said, "Grandpa, you're really missing Grandma, aren't you?"

He lit up like a neon sign, the change was that dramatic. He became his old self again, brewing in his memories and talking about his late wife, the adventures he had had with her and their kids and a great many other cool things that I hadn't heard before. He was, for the next few hours, the man I had known and loved. I still have fond memories of that meeting with him.

After a while, he finished talking and as the moments faded away, he became the morose, quite man he had been when we walked into the hospital room. I knew he was a believer so after a few minutes . . . . (Getting hard to see the screen). After a few minutes, I said, "Grandpa, if you want to go to Grandma, you should go. You don't have to hang out here any more. The love of your life is waiting for you."

He started to cry and said, "Yeah, that's what I need to do."

I said, "Yeah, we'll miss you but we'll always be happy for you."

He smiled, a smile of peace through his tears. I'm sure he had made up his mind at that point. We kissed him and hugged him and left for the long trip back home. I told my wife, "Grandpa is going to die this week."

As expected, a week later, he called all four of his kids together and met with them in his hospital room. To this day, none of them will tell what he said during that meeting but it doesn't matter to me. What he said to them was for them. What he said to my wife and I was a treasure I will hold in my heart for as long as I live.

Yamahor, please go see your grandfather. If everyone else hadn't already chipped in, I'd pay for it myself somehow.

I have to wait for the bank to transfer $$$ to my PayPal account but when it gets there, I'll send it to you. Not a whole lot, but it should help. But I mean what I said. If you come up short and need more, please PM me and let me know. You WILL go to see your grandfather if I have anything to say about it.

--Wag--

Hey Shawn, you know what to do with my leftovers now
beerchug.gif

Guys - a quick update: I just sent Ben a paypal payment of

<span style='color:darkblue'><span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'><marquee>$545.00</marquee></span></span>

I did this so that he has access to the funds as soon as possible for whatever he is able to work out.

In addition,
there is already another $95 obligated but uncleared in Paypal and I have 6 PMs that I haven't read yet....

I really don't know what to say on this one guys - except thanks for helping a brother out.

Shawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back