GTRPimp & Scar's Sunday (10-26-08

displayimage.php

Scar being, well...SCAR!!!
displayimage.php

While taking this, SCAR took a picture of me taking a picture of this.
displayimage.php

Gixxer and her Big Brother BUSA!!
displayimage.php

another damper to the day. A beautiful ride about to be cut short. I actually was able to make it home with the screw acting as a plug and keeping pressure. however, as soon as pulled into my driveway, I noticed the screw not there anymore and psi down to 17!! But these race tires can be run as low as 20 PSI anyways. :whistle:
displayimage.php

Sibilings. :beerchug:
displayimage.php

Sorry about the bike Bro, what happen ???

You can pm/post up or I'll get the low down next time I see ya.

Kanji BEOTCH!!! Suzuki OWNS!!! I gotta get me a Gen II one of these dayz!
displayimage.php

Scar suited up and ready to Roll out!!
displayimage.php

We hit up Mountain Center Drive soon thereafter. WOW!! what a road. All types of corners: camber, off camber, up hill, down hill camber and off camber. decreasing radius corners. Just the gamut. And a cleaner road, surface wise as well.

RE: my bro in law. He went down on the I-15 southbound onramp. It goes up hill that goes left and then right. He was running behind me. I cruise right up the ramp, blow past the slower cars and merge. I look back after the 1st overpass and don't see him. I think, "must've got caught behind traffic." So I slow it way down to 55 and check my 6. Still no sign of him. I'm starting to think something happened. I wait till the 3rd overpass and he still didn't show up on my rear. Now I KNOW something happened. I pull over to the shoulder and a kid, who happens to be a firefighter student, pulls up behind me and was apparently told to chase me down and let me know what happened. He told me that my brother "spun out" and went down. We weren't even 5 minutes into the ride. So I take the next exit, haul azz northbound, and eventually make it to the onramp where he went down. CHP was already on the scene, paramedics and firefighters also showing up. Thankfully though, the officer was already waving them off. Paul, my bro in law, was sitting on the side of the hill, all dusty and dirtied, and his 08 SV in pretty bad shape. I notify SCAR that we're not gonna be able to meet him, but he quickly decides to meet us up in Apple Valley, where I live. By this time, SCAR had already ridden a good 150+ miles from San Diego. Long story short, being AAA members, we get a tow truck to pick up the SV. Go to the next exit and the driver notifies us that even though my brother is a AAA premier member, he doesn't have the AAA RV/Motorcycle membership card, therefore he cannot tow the SV home and has to charge us $75!! I wasn't even aware of that myself and I guess I have to include that feature to my membership as well.
Anyways, we unload his bike. I quickly ride home, pick up my Dodge Charger and hook up my trailer. We trailer the bike back to Paul's house and eventually meet up with SCAR.

After the early morning fiasco, SCAR and I ride back down to Banning to do the routes we originally intended to do. The 243 was loads of fun. Lots of RV's and traffic heading the opposite direction. We had few cars but nothing we couldn't quickly dispose of. I don't understand why some cagers feel the need to NOT use the turnouts and yield to faster traffic, but feel compelled to drive as fast as they can, on the limit, just so they can keep us behind them. We're literally putting around in 1st gear, no lean angle, bored as hell, and waiting for a clean passing opportunity. Once by, however, we never see them again.

We stopped off in Idyllwild for a very delicious lunch as SCAR described. Upon readying ourselves to continue on to Sunrise hwy, I notice a screw snuggly attached to my rear tire!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

We change plans and decide that it's time to cut the day short and just go home. No sense in trying to push the tire to the limit. I run lower pressure of the canyons anyway, because I was on a race DOT. Anyhow, I made it home with no issues, the screw must've undone it self from the carcass because it wasn't there. PSI was around 17! But the rear was already designed to run as low as 20 PSI anyways! So nothing to worry about. I didn't wanna lose too much pressure and the tire end up spinning the rim and/or breaking the bead. Not good while applying cornering forces.

All in all, a good day with a few setbacks, But we'll continue where we left off in a couple weeks time.

Great write-up, Ryan.

Nice pix, too...have you ever considered professional photography?

So, yeah...next time we get out...we'll rally a couple more of the locals. :beerchug:

Great write-up, Ryan.

Nice pix, too...have you ever considered professional photography?

So, yeah...next time we get out...we'll rally a couple more of the locals. :beerchug:

Action shots next time around! :beerchug:
Thanx for the props bro. I think it might be more the camera than me. But then again, my camera is old school: Cannon Powershot A75, 3.5 Megapixels. I'd love to get one of those professional Cannon or Nikons with the gigantic lens and have a hand at it. Hmmmm.... you got me thinking. I'd love to do motorsports photograhpy, as well as landscapes and the such.

Damn, looks like you fellas has a great day of riding. Except for the screw that is. I'm envious of your beautiful warm fall weather. Our Sunday was sunny but not all that warm.

Great photos!

Who's the asian guy??

The first pics (of the guy showing his rashed gear/skin) is Paul, Ryan's brother in law...

The next pix (of the guy in Idyllwild with me, taking picture) is Ryan (GTR Pimp 76 (on the board)).

:beerchug:

Last edited:
Well glad all in all everyone is well. Sorry to see that SV in such bad shape. Paul is very lucky he walked away with the little bit of pain. I bet his guardian Angle looks like pooh! Love the bike Ryan such a GREAT color and year! Bummer the day was cut short but at least you all made it home safe.

Hope we can ride in the same group in the future! You sure looked good on the Miller track when we where able to go.

--Nanwags

Well glad all in all everyone is well. Sorry to see that SV in such bad shape. Paul is very lucky he walked away with the little bit of pain. I bet his guardian Angle looks like pooh! Love the bike Ryan such a GREAT color and year! Bummer the day was cut short but at least you all made it home safe.

Hope we can ride in the same group in the future! You sure looked good on the Miller track when we where able to go.

--Nanwags

thanx Nan! Long time no see. How's your 1K been treatin ya? Of course, fastest year, fastest color! :thumbsup::beerchug:

Back