GSXR 07 SWINGARM

MiwaRob

Registered
Will a 2007 600 swingarm fit a busa? Or more importantly, will it fit with 1" raised rear and with out cutting/shimming like crazy?

You should be banned for asking if a 600cc arm will work on a 1300cc bike. Do you also think that you can mount a 500 cubic inch v8 in a lecar or a yugo? It will break maaan.
beerchug.gif

I doubt it would break or twist. People have done done with earlier gen gixxers. Just want to know if anyone has done it with later model GSXR. I love the corners and the stock busa arm looks like a home made erector set next to the smooth gixxer swingarm.

You should be banned for asking if a 600cc arm will work on a 1300cc bike. Do you also think that you can mount a 500 cubic inch v8 in a lecar or a yugo? It will break maaan.
beerchug.gif
Not true...
Canadian Mike (Sponsor here) uses 600 arms for all the extended swingarms he sells. Not only does he cut the factory axel adjustment blocks off, but welds on longer ones and even adds bracing if needed.
So the question at hand is certainly not a dumb question to people who have been around.
Now getting back to your question, I'm pretty sure that the newer gixxer arms are much different at the pivot point or mounting point.
They are mostly an all cast sleek looking arm...

Back