grudge chassis

Rick D

Registered
Someone please explain what a grudge chassis is and maybe how its done. Right now I have a stock wheelbase gen1 with a stage1 turbo with about 9#s of boost in it. I was just wondering what difference a grudge chassis would make??:thumbsup:

Last edited:
a grudge chassis is purpose built for the combo. Super light and lean with a mega stretch are simply the visual changes.

Grudge bikes have very loose rules if any. There's no max wheelbase, no min weight, full slider allowed, etc. You would setup the chassis on a turbo bike different than a NA bike because of the way you're laying the power down.

It might be better if you explained what you're trying to do or accomplish... Are you looking to compete with the grudge crowd at the tracks? If so, the stage 1 turbo isn't going to cut it.

Last edited:
I've only had the turbo on it for about 4 months and I'm a 130# rider. The reason I post the ? was I read on another thread that you could get in the 8's easy with a grudge chassis. At this point in time I run a wheelie bar at the track and trying to make the decision on whether to extend it or not.:whistle:

if you've got a wheelie bar you should also be running a slick no wheel base extension is needed. A bar bike with a turbo should do 8's no problem. Swap you clutch out and do some pushbutton shifting.

FYI: You don't need a wheelie bar or a grudge bike setup to get a turbo busa into the 8's.

Last edited:
The reason I was thinking about extending it was because of the trans is stock and I know the bar is hard on it. I been running the bar for about 3 years now a I love the way it leaves the line.:laugh:

Last edited:
I know nothing about grudge chasis, but what kind of times are you turning with the stage 1 setup?

heck there are guys running in the 8's with stock busa's :) where is that post? 8.90's

if you are not close now, keep working at it before you drop a ton of $$

I have seen literally dozens of turbo bikes stuck in the high 9s and low 10's due to just bad riding/bike setups...

Last edited:
I know nothing about grudge chasis, but what kind of times are you turning with the stage 1 setup?
Contact DME they are the masters with super light grudge chassis and (de-raked) fork set-ups, not the cheapest but you get what you pay for. Good luck.

Sean06 I'm still learning how to get out of hole with it but my MPH was 129 in the 1/8. Don't remember the ET though, but to answer your question better the turbo is night and day different and worth the money as far as torque and HP.:thumbsup:

Not knocking you but it seems to me that you are barking up the wrong tree. 129 mph is far too slow to run with the big boys. With a slick and bar bike you should have no problem at all launching. Pin it and dump the clutch. Unless you have totally missed your setup it ain't gonna hurt ya....
If you are using HD springs make sure you haven't broken your sprocket cover.

If you want to learn about grudge bikes,,, hit up psychobike.com or type in grudge racing on youtube and see the 7sec all motor busas and 1k's cutting 1.2 60fts :O

I consider my bike a street legal grudge bike, haha.

Last edited:
heck there are guys running in the 8's with stock busa's :) where is that post? 8.90's

if you are not close now, keep working at it before you drop a ton of $$

I have seen literally dozens of turbo bikes stuck in the high 9s and low 10's due to just bad riding/bike setups...

this is true!!! I went 10.22 on a stock engine no nitrous 05 R6! Sometimes the rider is the best mod!

I think this is current quickest nobar bike in the country he runs promod hey look no turbo I think its 3 stage nos
I saw him go 6.91 @201mph @ Indy

This bike runs prostreet

4scondo015.jpg

Last edited:
If we could trust most people, there are some R6's out there that should shatter the 8 second barrier!:laugh:

Back