Chassis Set Up

Discussion in '1/4 Mile' started by busakiller, May 8, 2017.

1. busakiller

busakiller Registered

Contests won:
    Hey guys I was wondering if anyone here knows how to set up a drag bike chassis.

What do I set my sag at?
    Ride height? (Swingarm pivot height and rear axle height)

Right now I have my sag set at 9/16 of a inch. The swingarm pivot point is 1 1/4 higher then the rear axle. Without me sitting in it. Bike is sitting 10 inches out and has a revalve stock shock with a gen2 spring. Spring dynod at 754 pounds at one inch preload.

2. Dennis

Dennis Registered

Contests won:
    Sounds good for a Busa frame with a DOT tire. I can't say for a drag frame, slick and wheelie bar bike.

busakiller likes this.
  3. busakiller

busakiller Registered

Contests won:
    It's a non cut rail busa frame with no wheelie bar. Running a shinko hook up. Hope to make it to the track this saturday and get some passes in.

RedBull likes this.
  4. Dennis

Dennis Registered

Contests won:
    Good starting point.

5. busakiller

busakiller Registered

Contests won:
    so made it to the track and no good results. all the changes still didn't help my bike.

6. AQTCJAK

AQTCJAK Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    Jack
    hard to tell what is going on with your launch. Provide more details launch rpm are you running launch control, tire pressure what is it doing on launch the more info the easierit is to help

7. busakiller

busakiller Registered

Contests won:
    On this pass I launched at 4500 rpms and Tire pressure is at 14 pounds. No launch control or anything. Just right hand control throttle and left handle controls clutch. I have all stiff clutch springs and a ape clutch mod.

8. AQTCJAK

AQTCJAK Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    Jack
    here is what I would say I run my tire @15- 15.5# launch at 7-8K depending on track conditions

9. Dennis

Dennis Registered

Contests won:
    The leave didn't look smooth. It can be hard with heavy springs. I couldn't hear the pass so I don't know if you spun, but I can tell you there is no way I hook on 15 psi with a Hookup. I run 8 pounds in both my bikes. I could probably get away with more in the stock motor slow bike.

10. B n s racing

B n s racing Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    Brad Jones
    Well different strokes for different folks but we launch our 6" over gen1 at 6+6500 on 18 psi, if you research that's what a majority of 8 second bikes use picked up that data from a Rickey Gadsen interview.

11. B n s racing

B n s racing Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    Brad Jones
    That's on a Hookup Pro 190/50

12. Dennis

Dennis Registered

Contests won:
    Track prep is a huge factor in what PSI you can get away with. We typically don't have optimal prep due to low car counts so the track doesn't spend the money. Also the 60' you are trying to hit makes a difference. If I'm going 1.26 on my 69" bike it is much more sensitive to pressure than my 67" bike going 1.39. The slower bike is heavier too which helps traction. I run the regular Hookup. The Pro I tired peeled.