Got some new stands

Turbo-Torch

Donating Member
Registered
Been looking for some decent stands lately. Thought about the handy stands but when I saw a bike sitting on a set at a local show I wasn't too impressed.

Someone has been selling an inexpensive set on ebay with an $89.99 starting bid...of course the bids go up from there. Clicked on the sellers about me page and found his web site.

$90 bucks + $25 for shipping. I went ahead and ordered a set and over all they're pretty nice.

standr.jpg

standf.jpg

Very wide and stable, 4 wheels per stand, good welds and a nice powder coat finish. Not bad for $115 delivered.

Here's the site:
http://www.checkeredflagmotorsports.net/stands.html

The first "Buy Now" button will charge you $99.00 so don't click that one.
The second "Buy Now" button (after the testimonials) will only charge you $89...I guess someone forgot to change that when they raised the price.
smile.gif

Just thought I'd give a heads up in case anyone is looking for a set.

Thought about the handy stands but when I saw a bike sitting on a set at a local show I wasn't too impressed.
Are you sure they were Handys? Believe me, Handys are as good as Pit Bull stands , that is good you found a set that you like but I dont want others to get the wrong impression...Handys kick ass.

Nice looking stands you got there though.
smile.gif

Not saying the handy's would collapse. I mainly wanted a rear stand with the extended handle for more leverage. No real effort needed and next to no chance of the bike going over while raising it.

does the front have spools in them for the stands or is it a different attachment to raise the front like that??
blush.gif

The guy who makes those stands sells them on sh.org in the for sale section. He sells the pair for $115 shipped to the board members. They do look nice and I'm going to get a set.

Thought about the handy stands but when I saw a bike sitting on a set at a local show I wasn't too impressed.
Are you sure they were Handys?  Believe me, Handys are as good as Pit Bull stands , that is good you found a set that you like but I dont want others to get the wrong impression...Handys kick ass.

smile.gif
I think you might wanna research again. Fork lift front stands and the handy stands pale in comparison to pitt bull. Not saying they don't work. BUT the beefiness of the pitt bull stands is unsurpassed. Many people have commented in the past about the handy stands feeling somewhat "flimsy" but well worth the cash.

Rear stands HOWEVER, i have a couple. Best 2 I have found are the pitt bull and a generic one I bought years ago for planetsportbike. Its just as beefy feeling as the pitt bull but it feels like it weighs hafta as much.

Anyway, handy stands work, BUT they definitely are NOT top of the food chain.

Are you sure they were Handys?  Believe me, Handys are as good as Pit Bull stands , that is good you found a set that you like but I dont want others to get the wrong impression...Handys kick ass.

smile.gif
I think you might wanna research again. Fork lift front stands and the handy stands pale in comparison to pitt bull. Not saying they don't work. BUT the beefiness of the pitt bull stands is unsurpassed.
You want beefy.

These will do the trick.

Canadian made.

The rear stand is call the "Anaconda". The tube is over 2 1/4 inches in diameter.

rs.jpg

Sorry, they're non-adjustable. Not impressed. I hope they're cheap.
figured you'd find something....

Actually the price was FREE. and I only have 1 bike so who gives a fug about adjustability. The weakest point in anything is a moving part....like an' adjustability point.

Most folks would have commented on the strength of that bad azz stand... but thats not yer way is it... o well.

Turbo-T , I think the stands you bought are fine. They'll do the job. No worries.

and by the way.... I'm not impressed either. Maybe one day you'll be able to see over that chip on yer shoulder
laugh.gif

Sorry, they're non-adjustable. Not impressed. I hope they're cheap.
figured you'd find something....

Actually the price was FREE.   and I only have 1 bike so who gives a fug about adjustability. The weakest point in anything is a moving part....like an' adjustability point.

Most folks would have commented on the strength of that bad azz stand...  but thats not yer way is it... o well.

Turbo-T , I think the stands you bought are fine. They'll do the job. No worries.

and by the way....   I'm not impressed either. Maybe one day you'll be able to see over that chip on yer shoulder  
laugh.gif
wahhhhh!!! someone claimed a stand was as good as pitt bull and I disagreed. You then step up and reply TO THAT COMMENT with another product. I told you why AGAIN I felt what you showed was inferior. You can't deny the reasoning. You just don't like someone who doesn't bah with you like a sheep in your flock. GROW UP MAN!!! Does it work, I guess so. Is it the BEST? NOPE!

The first "Buy Now" button will charge you $99.00 so don't click that one.
The second "Buy Now" button (after the testimonials) will only charge you $89...I guess someone forgot to change that when they raised the price.
smile.gif

Just thought I'd give a heads up in case anyone is looking for a set.
Figured they would fix that when I went to buy a set! Both now charge the $99 +25. Al I really want is the front stand though. I already have a Pit Bull for the rear. I guess I'll e-mail him and see how much just the front would be. Thanks for the info.
Just so I am clear...you are saying these are JUST as Strong as the Pit Bull Stands?

Just so I am clear...you are saying these are JUST as Strong as the Pit Bull Stands?[/QUOTE]

I never claimed that. I've seen the Pitbull stands at local dealers and they are impressive. The tubing diameter is wider on Pitbulls.

As far as the design, ease of getting the bike on the stands and being rock solid due to the width they are near Pitbull quality in that respect. Vortex makes a similar style stand too.

If you're in the market for only a front stand you should check out the stem stands. That way you can also do fork work without having to go through the trouble of placing a jack under the engine to raise the front end.

Back