Got overheating Question?

Fate

Donating Member
Registered
In another thread I stated my bike has never overheated, well today it did. I have 06' and have not rode for a month due to multiple trips for a family emergency out of state. The weather was great today, in high 50's to 60's. Decided to get bike out and just go for a quick ride. Let it warm up, jumped on rode for a brisk but not really fast ride. hit 60 quick and rode back home at around 45, never went over 6 grand. did smoke tire alittle out of driveway, but could not help it
tounge.gif
. Well anyway, got back in the driveway and was looking for my Seafoam and decided to leave bike running for a little while. I cleaned up garage and got ready to pull her back in after idling around 20 to 30 minutes. Jumped on and saw the temp guage almost pegged. What the heck, have sat almost that long on 100+ days in traffic and never overheated.... What do you guys think? stuck thermostat? I am going to start her up again after she cools down. will check water level first.

Yeah, it was running when I walked up to bike and I killed the engine and turned key on to leave running to pull some of the heat out.

I heard it kick on from the garage about half way through the time I left it idling.

Could have an air pocket in your coolant system. Just a thought. I would check the thermostat also.

Back