Got my Y2K

OB_coco

Registered
Got the Y2Kbusa today! Wife had a change of heart, got a red/gray.

Cycle Riders in Longwood, FL received three bikes (a blue and a red yesterday; a blue one the day before that). Everyone seems to be buying blue! Red was available and wife decided that she liked it (hers was the next blue on the list; NOT ANYMORE!)

Anyway, Merry Christmas!!!!! 8^) 8^O 8^D

--Felix
Copper and Red forever!!!

P.S. Already discovered a difference between the new bikes and the '99s: the place where the two lower fairings meet at the bottom of the bike now has a bracket holding them in place. This also appears to be the first problem for the '00 bikes: I noticed on the first two bikes that arrived at Cycle Riders (both blue) that the right side of this bracket was missing its screw (actually, that's how I discovered the difference, since there was this NEW hole I had not seen before on my copper busa). At first I thought the screw had fallen off during shipment, but after further examination, and to make things worse, the bracket itself had been "bent" up between the header pipes (not likely caused by shipping). Upon inspection of our red bike, I discovered the same thing!!!! I'm guessing an assembly line problem, but who knows. Anyone else with new bikes seen this?

The problem you saw with the faring harware was caused by who ever took the bike out of the crate, not by Suzuki's assembly line. The shop I work at got our bikes in fine shape, but we bought another bike from a nearby dealer and our pick up guy watched the other dealer smack the bottom of the faring when they took the bike out of the crate.

The bike was still in the crate (I helped the sales-person open it up) when I noticed the problem on my red busa. Zero damage to the bottom fairings; the right portion of the bracket was stuffed in between the 2nd and 3rd header pipes!!!!! Dealer had nothing to do with this; either the factory did it or whomever shipped the bike to the dealer.

Further more, Jeff Wallace wrote on the Onelist that he put three Y2K bikes together and found a spare screw on all three. Further on, an info sheet was discovered (I presume after the fact) describing the installation of this addtional screw. The info sheet was not on any of the bikes received at my dealer.

--Felix

Our shop recived a set-up bulletin from Suzuki weeks ago that covered the set up changes for the 2000 model. New screws included.

I'm amazed at the comments I read here, because I'm a Suzuki mechnaic and the first thing I do is read the bulletins when they come in. Most of the questions or problems I read about here can be fixed if your dealer's techs reads the bulletins.

Suzuki has a new web-site for dealers only where they can read all the Busa bulletins. We check that site every day for new infromation. It's like the dealer's Busa.org!

I know some dealers are still in the dark ages. When I arrived at mine I had to ask for a lift or I could work on the floor. But we still have internet tell your dealer to get with the program or as I said be for let your money do the talking. the site that dealers use is great and we too came back from the show with alot more knowlage

The Suzuki dealer site is only accesable by a dealer with specail software and passwords. In other words, the public can't use it. Our boss came back from the dealer show in September with the software and we've been online with Suzuki since. He says he was free. But it works so good I would even pay.

Coco, if you read this, could you tell me the part number for that stupid missing screw because my dealer doesn't have the info on Y2K's? I had exactly the same screw missing you mentioned (right bottom, but my bracket was perfect: I just removed it while I get the 2nd screw).
Thanks!

valklex - it's the exact same screw as the small fairing screws. If you order one of the small fairing screws (silver small hex screws) you will have the right one.

valklex ... sorry, just read your post, good thing someone was able to help. Tell your a.s.s.hole dealer he should have caught the missing screw and make sure he pays for it as well!

Just in case, you may want to check out the Hayabusa Owner's Club at:

http://www.fj1100.com/hoc.htm

as part of the membership, you get a CD full with images and the '99 microfiche on-line. Very cool! Also, order the '00 microfiche when you get a chance (I got the '99 through my dealer; cost only $6.00).

Later,
--Felix

[This message has been edited by coco (edited 31 December 1999).]

I really appreciate your help Todd. That's why I never take my bike to dealers when I can prevent it; They can't even find a stupid screw with the microfish (when I removed the fairings I had at least 14 of those screws and he couldn't even get one right).

I had the same issue with my fairing bolt and I was very aggravated at my dealer that I had to find and fix this myself. The bolt was in my ziplock with the user manual of the bike and I asked after they prepped to the salesmen what was this extra bolt....thought nothing of this and went home and went over the bike thoroughly and found it was the fairing bolt and bracket...I attached it and it was fine....note be weary of some of the dealers and shops and do double check their work. I also found the seat not properly installed after the battery and settings are made from just prepping the unit and also that the bolts to hold the seat bracket on were loose on my bike as well. I was frustrated about it and took it in to be looked over again to double check everything even though I did it myself, just to get the satisfaction of them looking over and doing something for me since these things happened...they did do it and I was fine with that...no other troubles yet. hayabusa.....wwwwrrrrpppp.

If they did what you say take this Idea
Remove the clutch and brake lever piovt bolts and nuts grease the bolt shafts and blue loctight ( why can't I spell that word this morning) the nuts.and readjust your chain there are quite a few post about what to check.

Back