got a weird question the riding position of the 08

tourbus

Registered
I love my 08 busa and wont get rid of it but here lately that thing has really been cramping my legs on long rides (200-400 mile rides.) But the main reason im asking you guy's and gals is that my dad is really serious about trading his in for a zx-14, he says this thing never has fit him right and thinks that it crunches his legs to much and the reach to the bars is to long, is there any aftermarket rear-sets and bar risers that prevent this? and how much work and aftermarket accessories are required for these mods. we'd like to try and do some mod work so he will keep his, it's alot of fun him and i both having them. we also would like to hear from others what they think the riding position is like.

Has your dad sat on a B-King? I'm kind of an old geezer, and the more upright position and pegs under me sure helps. That's one big reason I went Burger King instead of Busa. At least you guys could still have related bikes, that way.

Heli-bars will help with the lean but not the leg position. I'm not sure whats available for rear sets yet. Everyone is different, but the ZX-14 hurt my legs just sitting on it with my feet on the floor. The riding position may be slightly better but it seemed that the seat was wider to me.

Has your dad sat on a B-King?  I'm kind of an old geezer, and the more upright position and pegs under me sure helps.  That's one big reason I went Burger King instead of Busa.  At least you guys could still have related bikes, that way.
he has sat on the burger king but he didnt care for the looks of it, 2day the busa had him so frustrated he was ready to trade it in monday, he had a 2006 zx-14 that he enjoyed immencely but he had a 99 busa for 7 years that he also enjoyed so the 08 was a no-brainer @ the time, but sadly he thinks the 08 busa sucks compared to the 14 and what he can remember of the 99 busa. im hoping we can make his more comfortable and i'll do some leg room mods to mine from what we learn from his.

Try Buell pegs and Helibars...if that dont work 14 might be his ride
dunno.gif

Do the Buell peg mod for the leg problem. I'm 6 foot I don't have a problem with my legs but I've heard of a lot of guys that get tremendous results from installing the Buell pegs and I think there is a guy here that makes a little kit that comes with the pegs and the new bushings required to install them. Try a search! If you do this and a set of Heli bars for the long reach problem, I'll bet it feels like a different bike. Good luck!

buell pegs are the way to go. only down side to them is the vibration since you lose the rubber

no it isnt, there's another 1-2 guys that traded there new busa's in on here for the same reason's, im trying to prevent another casulty though.

I am 50 and I have to admit my legs do get cramped after an hour or so on the Busa. The riding position is infinitely better than the Ducati I just sold though. Overall it is the most comfortable sports bike I've ever ridden.

Yo Tourbus, PM GSX1300R-T or call 919-724-5779 this will put you in touch with Joe. He's the guy putting the Buell Peg package together. Do a search on "Buell" in the 08 forums and it should pull up all the pics testamonials you could need. I put them on in 15 minutes and wish I'de done it sooner.

As for the handlebar position - I put 1" spacers under the bar (tripletree bar mount) to raise them up and back. Genmar risers are the real way to go but cost over $100. You could go to Lowes and get a stack of stainless washers for a few bucks and accomplish the same thing.

These two mods will make a drastic difference...my 08 still isnt as comfortable as my 01 was...but it's much better after these changes.

GEN 1 with buell pegs, corbin seat and heli bars is great for me.
GEN 2 with the same mods is not as comfortable. Suzuki stretched the rider position a couple of inches to the rear and screwed up a comfortable ride. (for me) Others may love it.
I can live with the change, all the other improvements over shadow it.

Foam grips?
I have a set of velcro foam over the stock grip, makes them too fat.

Gel grips should probably do the trick.

I love my 08 busa and wont get rid of it but here lately that thing has really been cramping my legs on long rides (200-400 mile rides.) But the main reason im asking you guy's and gals is that my dad is really serious about trading his in for a zx-14, he says this thing never has fit him right and thinks that it crunches his legs to much and the reach to the bars is to long, is there any aftermarket rear-sets and bar risers that prevent this? and how much work and aftermarket accessories are required for these mods. we'd like to try and do some mod work so he will keep his, it's alot of fun him and i both having them. we also would like to hear from others what they think the riding position is like.
I've ridden both...the 14 is just a smoother, more comfy machine overall, no way around that really. But the busa is the better handler. It sounds like for your dad he might just need a bike swap. Not everything fits everybody....thank god for choices
winkold.gif

Back