Got a ticket on way back home from WIS M&G

#1 That does suck, Good luck with that and I hope you win, probably missed the cager and just saw a bike ( Bike has to be speeding ) mentallity

#2 What the hell were you doing following a semi, Do you know what a re-tread will do to you when it comes flying off.

Jump on it get around that damn re-tread of death and then get your 82 mph ticket for real. OK maybe not, but dont hang behind a semi, seen to many of those re-treads come off

Better off getting ticket reduced by lawyer than trying to prove you were in the right. Good luck!!

Yeah, Mine was an Ill State boy. PM me with the troopers name if you can.
That SUX. I will try and get a hold of my buddy that was brought up at breakfast and see what I can do to help, but I need the troopers name if at all possible.
Again, sorry about that. Just gives Wisconsin a bad name.

PM Coming :bowdown:

#1 That does suck, Good luck with that and I hope you win, probably missed the cager and just saw a bike ( Bike has to be speeding ) mentallity

#2 What the hell were you doing following a semi, Do you know what a re-tread will do to you when it comes flying off.

Jump on it get around that damn re-tread of death and then get your 82 mph ticket for real. OK maybe not, but dont hang behind a semi, seen to many of those re-treads come off

There was a car in front of the semi too, I was at at least 4 car lengths behind the car...

I never follow or travel around a semi, having been an over the road driver for six years I have seen what can happen. Always try to stay where you have good visibility of the road so you can avoid any debris as well. behind a semi, you will never see it until it is sailing at you at 65mph.

Sorry to hear about your problem as well. I see several ways to try to defend yourself but none are guaranteed. I would contact the states attorney/district attorney and see if they offer any type of supervision that will keep the charge off your record, would probably be cheaper than hiring an attorney and you would know ahead of time what the outcome is going to be. Then again I'm one that doesn't like to bow out if I know I am right and may be willing to take a chance and fight it. Gotta do what you feel is best for you!

Thanks for the feedback guys, and I agree with the semi following comments, they are dangerous...

Also, anyone know how points are affected since this is an out-of-state ticket as I reside in IL, ticket is from WI ???

Thanks for the feedback guys, and I agree with the semi following comments, they are dangerous...

Also, anyone know how points are affected since this is an out-of-state ticket as I reside in IL, ticket is from WI ???

I'm almost positive that Wisconsin is what they call a compact state. This means that WI will report the infraction to IL and it will be a moving violation on your IL record just as if you had received it here in IL.

Time to hire an attorney tomorrow morning :(

As I said earlier, call the jurisdiction where you got the ticket and ask them about supervision or other programs to keep the citation off your record. It will most likely be cheaper than an attorney.

Here where I am at, supervision for a $75 citation will cost you around $105, keep your record clean for 90 days and it never makes it to the Sec of Sates office. If SOS doesn't get it, your insurance agent never knows about it either.

what's wrong with 65? I've done it many times. It allows those in cages to really get a good look at my sexy white and silver busa :laugh:

what's wrong with 65? I've done it many times. It allows those in cages to really get a good look at my sexy white and silver busa :laugh:

Is easy when riding a Busa that doesn't have the fastest color ??? :poke: :rofl:

Dunno about that state,but in Fl(Pasco county) a person can always plead no contest which will land you the fine,but wont go on your record. To do so depends on your previous driving record also.

Yeah, Mine was an Ill State boy. PM me with the troopers name if you can.
That SUX. I will try and get a hold of my buddy that was brought up at breakfast and see what I can do to help, but I need the troopers name if at all possible.
Again, sorry about that. Just gives Wisconsin a bad name.

Hey, Kev...the badge number should also be of great assist.

Good luck hookin' it up like you do in the best Firedog Fashion!

I'd fight it. I got one last year that went like this. Doing 65 in a 70 and a AZ trooper flies up behind me and pulls me over. First words out of his mouth were I have no idea how fast you were going I never got you on radar. He then proceeds to tell me that 7 miles back I passed him as he was coming down the on ramp to I 15. He says he did his time and distance measurement for 5 miles and estimated my speed around 92 in a 55. I told him I sure wasnt going that fast. He goes back to his car and proceeds to write me a ticket for excessive speed for 97 in a 55. Needless to say that he pulled me over 2 miles past where he said he stopped his calculations. I fought it and when the court date came he was a no show. Ticket dimissed. Oh yeah the excessive speed was a $1000 ticket too. I think he was just trying to earn a little revenue.

Fight it...it probably knows he's in the wrong but doesnt think you'll fight it.

Good luck, I hope you can pull up some good evidence on the GPS. I have heard that in Georgia they're required to show reading if asked to do so. In SC it's not required.

Is there any chance he got you prior to the five miles where you were cruising with traffic ?

Lots of folks out there hatin on sportbikes.

Good luck, I hope you can pull up some good evidence on the GPS. I have heard that in Georgia they're required to show reading if asked to do so. In SC it's not required.

Is there any chance he got you prior to the five miles where you were cruising with traffic ?

Lots of folks out there hatin on sportbikes.

No, I saw where he was, and saw & heard (my radar detector) when he zapped the crowd of cars I was in...

Back