Got a new toy today!!

shimmyz

Donating Member
Registered
I've been wanting one of these for a long time. I finally pulled the trigger,today,so to speak.

Glock 17  
cool.gif

DSCN0051.jpg

biggrin.gif

I bought 200 rounds also. I figured I'd shoot 100 and have some for later. No such luck. All 200 were gone in about 20 minutes. I need to buy a few 1000 rnd cases. Buying single boxes is going to put me in the poor house.

<!--EDIT|shimmyz
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144630037 -->

DSCN0048.jpg

I wish I could take a decent pic to do this baby justice. If only Bullettrain were my neighbor. I'm sure he could get some nice shots for me.

DSCN0054.jpg

I've been wanting one of these for a long time. I finally pulled the trigger,today,so to speak.

Glock 17  
cool.gif
I bought a 36 a few months ago, it's a .45, It's much nicer than what I was using previously.
The 36's are sweet guns. Heck, it's a Glock they're all sweet. I stuck with the 9mm because I shot alot. Couldn't afford the ammo using a .45. I will have one someday though. Have you checked out the 10mm? It's a nice round. Similar to a .40 but it has more umph.

Glock 17  
cool.gif
I bought a 36 a few months ago, it's a .45, It's much nicer than what I was using previously.
The 36's are sweet guns. Heck, it's a Glock they're all sweet. I stuck with the 9mm because I shot alot. Couldn't afford the ammo using a .45. I will have one someday though. Have you checked out the 10mm? It's a nice round. Similar to a .40 but it has more umph.
No I haven't, I think the one I have will do for a while. If we start getting invaded my terrorists, I may get a few more just for kicks.
I already have enough ammo and weapons in the house to defend a small town.

<!--EDIT|Relsek
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144631471 -->

Glocks Rock! I've owned more than several all either in 9mm or .40 S&W....I'm faster with the 9...hence my last and only glock is also my carry gun....a G19...with advanced weaponry night sights and a full length SS guide rod....always got a case of pmc fmj's laying around for practice and plinking and stagger load with silvertips for carry.

That pistol will last you a lifetime...seen a rental unit down at palm beach shooting center that had well over 600,000 rounds through it and still rocking....awesome.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Glocks Rock! I've owned more than several all either in 9mm or .40 S&W....I'm faster with the 9...hence my last and only glock is also my carry gun....a G19...with advanced weaponry night sights and a full length SS guide rod....always got a case of pmc fmj's laying around for practice and plinking and stagger load with silvertips for carry.

That pistol will last you a lifetime...seen a rental unit down at palm beach shooting center that had well over 600,000 rounds through it and still rocking....awesome.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
I went to the shop thinking of getting the 19 but the 17 felt better in my hand. I want to get some adjustable nightsights, any recomendations?

600,000!! Damn thats alot of rounds. I hope mine has a nice long life like that.

You really don't need adjustable sights for your new weapon. If you were planning on shooting the pistol at over, say 50 meters, adjustments may be required. But figuring you purchased 9mm for CQB, most incidents happen within the magic 7 yards. At that range keeping an eye on your front sight will be a challenge. Not sure how much difference an "adjustment" would make. IMHO

However, night sights are a must. The cheapest I have found are located at "sportsmansguide.com". The trintium lasts for about 10-15 years before it starts degrading, good stuff. You may also want to get a light for that rail. Keep in mind you might be spending more on the "accessories" than on the gun itself.

Chris

Glocks are great combat weapons...
Yeah If you can remember to keep your finger OFF the Trigger...

How many LEO's have injured themselves and other officers by Fat Fingering their Issued Glocks?
smile.gif

I've heard a couple of good funny ones.

Glocks are great weapons, just dangerous in casual "Fired Annually" for Qualification hands...

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
I went to the shop thinking of getting the 19 but the 17 felt better in my hand. I want to get some adjustable nightsights, any recomendations?

600,000!! Damn thats alot of rounds. I hope mine has a nice long life like that.
I'd do the "Trijicon" Tritium Night Sights. I've had them on my SIG226 for about 6 years and just love the visibility in low/no light conditions. Also, SPEND A LOT OF TIME at your local range practicing "POINT" shooting. Look it up, it's a great way of getting on target instinctually, and if you plan on using this weapon for defense you need to make it an extension of your body to be at all effective.

There are TONS of documented cases where "LEOs" fire 20-30 rounds at a suspect and hit exactly ####. Stress is the Culprit and just like target fixation going into a corner you have to prepare yourself to work through it, and remain effective. Otherwise, may as well load it with blanks so at least the Neighbors are safe from stray rounds.
smile.gif
Buy and Read "StressFire" Stressfire by Massad Ayoob, and practice what he preaches.
thumbs-up.gif

But if you just bought it for plinking get yourself a couple of cases of ammo, and proceed to kill some produce or paper…

Nice, I have a Glock 20 10 mm with 2 10 shot rounds. I owned this gun quite a few years ago, and sold it. I had the chance to buy it back last week, for way more than I should have paid, but bought it anyway. It has trijcons and came with 200 rnds of Montana gold shells.
I am trying to find a couple more, I want a .40 and a 9mm. Anyone got one for sale?

Back