Google gurus HELP!

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Why this is so hard to find I :dunno:

What I need is a simple 2 female into 1 USB plug.

Something like this but only with two, dont need or want four:

Belkin USB 2.0 4-Port Thumb Hub F5U218vMOB

Only thing I found close was this. 2 ports but has a six inch cable.

Plugable USB 2.0 2 Port Hub:Amazon:Electronics

Found lots of two ports car chargers but not a single one that has two ports and plugs into one.
Is this not made or am I googling wrong terminology?

I'm tired....

Yes that pluggable model is only one I find? Some pc genius here has to know why they only make a four plug. A two port Belkin like that one above is what I need. Wired my USB power in last night. I want to run gopro and iPhone from it so I need to only plug two things in. :(

so you just need it for the bike? basically a non powered 2 USB splitter ?

Yeah too big Zuk. I'm gonna thread the install I did on Lurch's cable and you'll see what I need.
Something like that belkin only two instead of four which I figure would be half it's size?

Just want to run one short cable to my phone and another to gopro. So I need the smallest 2into1 plug made.
Difficult to understand why it's so hard to find one ???

You might not be able to do what you want there Blanca without adding another TAPP outlet. I have a feeling if you get a non-powered USB hub of some sort, the iPhone won't charge. You'll get that "unsupported charger" error... The iPhones are finicky about how much amperage and voltage they get, and I'm afraid the simple hubs aren't gonna get you the power you need.. This is just my guess, but I wouldn't spend too much on a cable before I tried something cheap, ya know what I mean?

I have one of the 4 porters here and can try out the power charging side but I think Bots is right. You might be pissin in the wind here and just find that adding a second port from Lurch is going to save you more time/money/effort than anything else. There's very few other smaller ones out there besides the one you have already found but I definitely would worry about having two gadgets pulling the same load off the one port.

seems to me i saw something at walmart (forgive me for saying that) the other day that you might be able to use , it was either in the auto section or electronics.

well here ya go, 2-Port USB Hub - Cables To Go thats a 1ft cable.

Hope that works for ya!

This is close to one I found. Still think there has got to be a simple plug type splitter?

No, that's got three male connectors? I need one male into two females.
Thanks .

Zuk my cable is a 2 amp cable, both devices charge at 1 so I think I'm ok running both of it?

This is close to one I found. Still think there has got to be a simple plug type splitter?

No, that's got three male connectors? I need one male into two females.
Thanks .

Zuk my cable is a 2 amp cable, both devices charge at 1 so I think I'm ok running both of it?
so what model do you have? I just looked here 3BR Powersports | USB Power Ports | Power Sport Vehicles - Motorcycle, Adventure Bike, Cruiser, ATV, Snowmobile | Pashnit Moto and all of the models there have a 1A output max. Maybe Lurch can help you or maybe he knows a better way to ensure you get proper power to the two devices? I'd love to see one of his products with 2 or 4 USB powered ports as part of the product :thumbsup:

so what model do you have? I just looked here 3BR Powersports | USB Power Ports | Power Sport Vehicles - Motorcycle, Adventure Bike, Cruiser, ATV, Snowmobile | Pashnit Moto and all of the models there have a 1A output max. Maybe Lurch can help you or maybe he knows a better way to ensure you get proper power to the two devices? I'd love to see one of his products with 2 or 4 USB powered ports as part of the product :thumbsup:

Mines a special top secret eyes only 2 amp cable. Sssshhhhhh.
I'm pretty sure what I'm planning will work. Still have to modify gopro case though.

deea1320.jpg

Back