Goodbye K5 Gixxer ... hello 'Busa

Thanks guys for all the input. I picked up my 'Busa Friday afternoon from Sport Cycles in Rockingham and rode it about 90 miles home to Thomasville. My initial impression is that I'm gonna like it a lot. The seat-of-the-pants feel is a lot different than the K5. The 'Busa just glides along effortlessly (albeit very quickly) on a big wave of torque and is a hoot to pilot as it arcs gracefully through high speed sweepers. For me the added weight isn't really a hindrance.
It's neat that a bike this powerful can be so relaxing yet fun to ride. Conversely, there's enough I-4 vibes making their presence felt (particularly through the footpegs when accelerating) to remind you of the monster motor you're straddling.
Overall, so much has been written about the 'Busa over the years that it is pretty much what I expected. It's the Swiss Army knife of sportbikes - able to do just about anything reasonably well. I made my decision based on my riding style on real world roads. Riding down Friday to make the trade I was having serious second thoughts, but they soon disappeared once I started to get in sync with the 'Busa. I took pride owning something as awesome as the Gixxer 1000, but I think the 'Busa will make the better bike for me.

I think you did the right thing. My son has an R-6 and almost every time he and his girlfriend are going on a longish ride, he borrows my Busa. For "sensible" sport riding, especially two-up, it's hard to beat.

Ed

Welcome to the site.

Let's see some pics of your beauties.
smile.gif

Back