Getting into the 9's

Busaman - for FL you mph is only about 3mph off (at least for north FL). The air is very humid till midnight and it kills mph...

by the way, I think I'm gonna wait until my clutch gives out... Then I'll get a better clutch with all the mods and stuff. As of right now, I don't wanna mess with it. Also, I'm getting TONS of runs a night, and my clutch feels the same at the end of the night as it does at the beggining
smile.gif

by the way, I think I'm gonna wait until my clutch gives out... Then I'll get a better clutch with all the mods and stuff. As of right now, I don't wanna mess with it. Also, I'm getting TONS of runs a night, and my clutch feels the same at the end of the night as it does at the beggining
smile.gif
Order an OEM clutch, with the clutch mod now. You won't know your clutch is going until it's gone. If you hot lap it, it'll go sooner.

Another busa rider at the track felt his clutch giving out.... he kept complaining about it until it got to the point that with the clutch lever all the way in, the bike would creep forward.... That's when he called it a night. Also, how much will a new OEM clutch with the clutch mod cost me?

Honestly, with your mods. Forget about the clutch mod. Get new OEM clutches and Motorheads heavy springs, along with slave support. Tons of high horsepower bikes out there with this alone...

Stock clutch fibers and steels will cost you about $130-150 tyd. If anyone wants more, give vman1300, or kathy a call.
I dunno about the one piece mod, seems like I read somewhere it'll cost about $40, but I could be wrong. Stock clutch with the 02+ up washers works for me......

Here's a slip (not my best, but a good run... i think)

R/T  - .230
60'   - 1.722
330  - 4.460
1/8   - 6.665
MPH  - 110.75
1000 - 8.576
1/4   - 10.207
MPH  - 137.53

Reaction time wasn't too good... but 4 minutes before that run I did another run with a R/T of .016
smile.gif

In that run I had a decent 60', but I had a little trouble shifting into 4th at the end... so it cost me some time and some MPH...
your mph is about 10mph slow.

I'm guessing that you never get into full throttle in 1st gear, and you arent full throttle in all of 2nd gear. wheelie prone.
No stock motor Busas are running more than 144 in North Florida that i have seen in 2 years...

Busaman86,

If you want to do the clutch right (the first time) for consistent all day drag racing you will need this:

Clutch Mod--> Link no longer works

Clutch Cushion Kit--> Link no longer works

Clutch Slave Support--> http://www.hayabusaparts.com/clutch_slsupport.html Dennis aka....MOTORHEAD sells the one you want but this is what it looks like.

You can get the clutches for between $130-150 for the complete OEM set. Like others have suggested, go ahead and get them now and order the rest of the parts for when it goes out. If you are racing hard, often and slip the clutch a lot it won't be long before it's needed.

Josh
wink.gif

Back