9.81 @ 143.3 mph

thats a damn good time for all stock. we took mine out to BMP about a month ago for the 1st time and it only went 9.59 @146 but I have a pipe and it's extended so your bone stock time is real good. let me know next time you are heading out to the track maybe I will head out there also.

Awesome, "dnstommy" how long have you been riding, and how long have you been drag racing bikes? If you don't mind me asking I'm new to the drag, but I've been riding about 4 years and would like to know when i may see some times like that. I've only raced last weekend and got a 10.82 @ 135MPH obviously I've got some work to do.

Search some of my old posts from 2003/04. I've got a break down of getting in the 9's on the Gen-I... ;)

Awesome, "dnstommy" how long have you been riding, and how long have you been drag racing bikes? If you don't mind me asking I'm new to the drag, but I've been riding about 4 years and would like to know when i may see some times like that. I've only raced last weekend and got a 10.82 @ 135MPH obviously I've got some work to do.

I have been riding since '93. Road raced from '96-'99 and have been drag racing a long time in cars and bikes. I have always loved the rush of drag racing bikes. But I took off bikes from 99-2008 with the birth of my daughter. Bought by Busa in January and it took me 4 trips to the track to get the rhythm back.

Only thing I can tell you is what works for me.

1. Leave with your left foot on the peg. (This usually doesn't matter. But a Busa gets through first so fast, its hard to get your foot on in time and not upset the bike.)
2. Figure out the balance of launching RPM to get to full throttle as fast as possible. Its not about leaving at the highest RPM, but making it not bog and get the throttle down. For some that involves leaving at 3500. For me its 6500.
3. Don't use the clutch past 1st (most know that, but I see some who don't)
4. Unless you are racing a friend dont worry about the light. Let it go green and get your launch right.
5. Tuck in good. You can lose 2 mph by hanging your ass in the wind.

Just the things I can think of right now.

Just turned my fastest time tonight. 100% stock busa, lowered and strapped. What a night. I was fighting for 9's all night and jumped right down to 9.8. Only thing that took me from 10.015 to 9.81 was I started with my left foot on the peg. I just couldn't get my foot on in time.

What a night. First 9 in my life. Car or bike.

Yaa Hoo
I told you it would work ....I was the guy on the stock wheel base green zx14 running 9.20 and 9.30s .. I'm glad you got your first 9 ... Way to go .. :thumbsup:

Here is two shots of you racing that Vmax that i was riding for Bob... I think his name was Bob ? ...Best i could get out of that Vmax was 10.14 so you got him coved with your 9.80s for sure ..

Last edited by a moderator:
I see you are still around up to your old tricks Hemi... :whistle:

Dude with the camera is a joke.... :rofl:

congrats bro on the times. I'm hopin to hit the strip for the first time this summer with my 08.

I told you it would work ....I was the guy on the stock wheel base green zx14 running 9.20 and 9.30s .. I'm glad you got your first 9 ... Way to go .. :thumbsup:

Here is two shots of you racing that Vmax that i was riding for Bob... I think his name was Bob ? ...Best i could get out of that Vmax was 10.14 so you got him coved with your 9.80s for sure ..

- 09 Vmax vs 09 Busa[/url]

Hey thanks, your suggestion was money in the bank. I'm on youtube :laugh:

On that first race you can see my problem, I couldn't get my foot on that damn peg in time and screwed up the whole pass.

Thanks again, you got me that 9.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see you are still around up to your old tricks Hemi... :whistle:

Dude with the camera is a joke.... :rofl:
That Video makes me a little sea sick to watch it ..:laugh: The guy with the Vmax had his youngest son doing the filming ..
At least dnstommy got to see his bike going down the track ..:thumbsup:

On that first race you can see my problem, I couldn't get my foot on that damn peg in time and screwed up the whole pass.

You are very welcome ... I screwed more than a few runs not getting my feet back on the pegs ..I'm glad it worked for you ... I know it feels a bit funny at first but you get used to it after a few trys ..Keep working on it and you will get some 9.60s on your Busa ...:thumbsup:

I use to have that problem not getting my feet on the pegs, not any more, got me a Tobin race cut seat. Check it out.

Back