Getting a new haybusa....

shenoyp

Hayabusa Master Jedi
Donating Member
Registered
Hi everyone,

This is one of the best boards that I have ever visited. I'm getting myself a hayabusa in another fifteen days...! I have been riding bikes for about 10 years now - Had a suzuki shogun 150cc (You might not have heard of that model, cause i live in India)as my first bike! I also had a CBR 600F for a couple of years after that. I have not been riding bikes for about two years now... any suggestions to keep in mind when I get on the busa!

Welcome to the board and the addiction... You have to remember that when you upgrade to a bike that is twice the size of what you are use to you have to respect the machine. You have to ride within your means otherwise your gonna get hurt or worse killed, just becareful. Just remember to keep the rubber side down...

<!--EDIT|henryace
Reason for Edit: None given...|1098550081 -->

Get ready to wear a grin that just seems to never end. And take it slow to start with. As long as you don't start out tryin' to do all that it is capable of, you should be ok. It's capable of way more than a lot of folks are capable of handlin'. However, it can also be a pussycat if you don't get carried away with yer right wrist.

Just use common sense and wade into the busa rather than just divin' in head first and you should be fine. It's a stable and pretty forgiving bike. You just have to watch yer speed. The busa is so smooth that you don't realize how fast yer goin' until you need to slow for a corner, stop, or avoid some sort of road hazard.

Oh, and have yer digicam ready when you get 'er. We love pics here!
wink.gif

Welcome and the biggest thing is control of the right wrist! If you can do that you will do just fine. Get used to bike an your own abilities and then see what it can do.

and always twist till the throttle is pinned

Welcome to the board. I made the same jump, I went from a 98 CBR 600 to a 2000 Busa. It is a very big jump but a lot of fun. Just remember that the throttle on the Busa will get you going faster then your 600 could ever dream of going and you will be fine.

Injoy the Busa

Hi. Welcome. Congrats! ALWAYS wear a helmet - and buy FULL LEATHER GEAR. My advice

Welcome,

watch for cars turning left
mad.gif

And be careful, your right wrist will have a little more power in it
tounge.gif

Welcome
beerchug.gif

Like all have said...Be carefull and just ease into the Busa. Get comfortable with it prior to riding it too hard. It will pay off in the long run.

HI guys,

thanks a tonne for all the good wishes and those advices!

You guys are the best :-)

Back