What's "extra" In A Hayabusa?

Mahbub

Registered
so the other day i posted a question here that i plan to go from a 150cc to a busa... many have sais its a bad idea. now the fact is that clutch , acceleration , breaking etc etc are basically same on a 150 and a busa just that a busa has these in much more powerful quantity,, but is there anything EXTRA in a busa which i can not learn by riding a 150cc bike.. which is totally new in a busa ... what exactly makes riding a busa after riding a 150 so DANGEROUS? if i am in total control of throttle and dont do anything stupid is it still dangerous to ride a busa after a 150cc?

Yeah the weight difference. Its a hell of a lot more weight to throw around. Slow speed maneuvers are a totally different beast. That and if u gun it by mistake chances are you will end up in the hospital. If you go at it at baby steps ya might survive. You will put her down a few times that's for sure.

Yeah the weight difference. Its a hell of a lot more weight to throw around. Slow speed maneuvers are a totally different beast. That and if u gun it by mistake chances are you will end up in the hospital. If you go at it at baby steps ya might survive. You will put her down a few times that's for sure.
should i drop the idea ? what if i first practise for 6 months in an empty place on low speeds on abusa? it it that hard?

Use the throttle wisely. You do not have to see how far you can turn it on the first ride.
As a motorcycle it's very good, and well balanced. You won't have to give it a lot of throttle just to get moving.
It has enough torque to get going with small amounts of throttle.
I think that gives you an advantage.

should i drop the idea ? what if i first practise for 6 months in an empty place on low speeds on abusa? it it that hard?

Its all self control and strength. You have to make that call. If ya practice from the ground up, do all the safety drills till you have mastered them and forget all you learned on a 250 you should be ok. It's all practice and intuition. Again you will drop her so keep your legs protected.

how to not drop?? any suggestions,, i dont want scratch marks on new bike
You are going to get them. You ain't used to moving such a heavy bike at low speeds. Learn how to use the rear brake at low speeds. A high idle Rpm also helps. Again maybe your sense of balance is amazing and you wont drop her. Ya cant go into a heavyweight ring and not expect to get a few scars.

Check this guys low speed ability. It will give you a point of reference of what to strive for.

firstly i plan to practise slow speed riding for 6 months in an empty place.. and practise turning.. also i plan to hit gym to make leg muscles stronger.. is that good?

You are going to get them. You ain't used to moving such a heavy bike at low speeds. Learn how to use the rear brake at low speeds. A high idle Rpm also helps. Again maybe your sense of balance is amazing and you wont drop her. Ya cant go into a heavyweight ring and not expect to get a few scars.

Check this guys low speed ability. It will give you a point of reference of what to strive for.

thanks for the video ... made it clear

The power on a 150 is predictable. You apply throttle and you can sort of "anticipate" how the bike builds speed. You have to plan way ahead and anticipate.

The Busa is instantaneous response, instantaneous speed, the anticipation is pretty much zero time. So you have to learn to stay off the throttle until you get used to the bike. Then you have to get used to where she will go the instant you hit the throttle. She gets there quickly.

The power on a 150 is predictable. You apply throttle and you can sort of "anticipate" how the bike builds speed. You have to plan way ahead and anticipate.

The Busa is instantaneous response, instantaneous speed, the anticipation is pretty much zero time. So you have to learn to stay off the throttle until you get used to the bike. Then you have to get used to where she will go the instant you hit the throttle. She gets there quickly.
i plan to ride it in open space under 60 for 6 months then hit roads

What kind of bike are you coming from? What interests you in a Hyabusa? It's more mental than physical and since we don't know you we are at a disadvantage. Maybe we can look from another prespective?

What kind of bike are you coming from? What interests you in a Hyabusa? It's more mental than physical and since we don't know you we are at a disadvantage. Maybe we can look from another prespective?
well i plan to come to busa from 150cc bike.. as ro why i love the hayabusa.. i am in INTENSE love with the design.. the look.. the design is a case of love it or hate it.. and i have the love it side.. and apparently so much that i juz wanna own it anyhow

Have you sat on a Busa? Have you pushed it around the parking lot or showroom under your own power? I'm not saying don't get it, just saying get a feel for the bike and what it's like under "people power" and not at road speed. It's great that you asked for advice and trust me, there are people here who can tell you ALL about the Busa, a great bunch of folks here. But it's your decision in the end and you need to throw your leg over, feel the weight and experience what it's like to move it around. You'll LOVE it out on the road.

i plan to hit the gym to get more powerful.. i wanna get it anyhow/// but pleanty of people have been giving me the feeling that a busa after 150cc,, even if i am gentle at throttle, is my death ticket :-(

Mahbub,

Welcome to the forum. I hope you don't take this comment the wrong way, I've seen your other threads and wonder what kind of answer you are searching for? I've seen every answer that the guys have posted on your threads, over and over on other threads people have created through the years. As someone stated before, the answer will always be the same and it is ultimately your decision if you want to take the risk or not. You'll find on the forum that stories go both ways. Example: I grew up on dirt bikes and then small street bikes, then a 600cc for several thousand miles and ended up buying a hayabusa and...... Guess what?.... It is the first bike that put my behind on the ground. Before I knew it, I was laying on the street next to the bike. Did that send me home crying and put a for sale sign on the bike? Nope. I stood up the bike, inspected the damage, rode home hurting pretty bad, fixed her up (pretty damn expensive) and have put a few more thousand miles on her and love the bike even more now. I was very lucky I wasn't injured worse and only took a few weeks for the bruises to go away. All this being said, a hayabusa is a completely different animal and you won't have a crowd of busa owners cheering or giving you the reassurance you seem to be looking for to go get one. That's a decision you'll have to make on your own.
Again, hope you don't take this the wrong way and good luck on whatever decision you make.

Last edited:
i am 23... and i plan to learn without hurting myself.. i could have gone for a 600cc.. but here in india theres a rule that below 800cc bikes have to be imported with much more duty cost so a 600cc bike will cost same as a busa... so lot of money will b spent :-(

Back