Get my 2008 on Saturday

I'm jinxed guys, took the bike down to part exchange it. Dealer says "You need a new tyre".. fine i said (it was legal but not really much legs left on it)... he goes to reverse bike into the garage and nearly drops it!! THE REAR TYRE HAD A NAIL IN IT!!!!

Then... i give him the registration document... ive given him the one for my Montesa trials bike
sad.gif

So i'm now pulling the house apart trying to find the damn thing.... bleeding hell!!!

Jza

Buy a box of depends!! I went through two large economy size boxes during my first week of Busa ownership!! Most fun I ever had!!
ENJOY!
hello.gif

pick it up man, I would be at the dealer right now. It's 8:11Am here in AZ you have 49min left.

NO WAY WHAT A BIKE....

Jeez guys all those years on the wrong bike LOL

Loved it... great power kind of dominates the ride but that would be ignoring the great handling, excellent brakes and nice ride.

I was tense to start with to say the least but having now put a whole 61 miles on the clock i can see that this bike is only a monster if you decide to ride it that way. If you drive it like your breaking it in its really nice to ride. I can sense that some serious grunt awaits just after the 5500 revs im limited to... but boy does it get there quick on part throttle
smile.gif

I keep thinking im in 3rd gear when im actually in 6th! Im not used to that much torque!!

I also like the A-C modes... what a cool trick to be able to have a 600, 750 or a 1340 at the flick of a switch!! Not sure i'll really use it that much but can see it'll make sense in a downpoor in traffic.

The bike even feels light compared to the VFR i owned before.

I really cant wait to start revving it.

Will take some pics tomorrow.

Worst thing?

Its sound like a hoover !!! Bring on the Yoshi's

Jza

I've been keeping track of this thread, glad to see the pick up went smoothly! Congrats. on the brand new machine! We can't wait to see pics, and you have all night to remove those reflectors!
laugh.gif

http://www.teamflanary.com/bigg.htm

Has some pics...I can't seem to get them to post on the forum.

Thanks guys...I love it.  Rode last night (only 50 degrees out) and learned that first gear can go a long way...

I am trying to keep it under 5500 like the book says.

Garry
Very nice. How does it fit you? Whats your height/weight if you dont mind me asking...
No problem asking. I am 6'5" 330 pounds. It fits me fine. I want to drop the pegs down and back...about an inch or so each way, and ad some pegs that are a bit wider...I wear a size 14 shoe. Before I can move the pegs I am gonna have to change the pipes.

I have been told that Shaq rides a Busa.

I have tried lots of sport bikes and found the Busa to fit the best...ZX14 next then I actually like the TL1000R or the RC51 as they seem to have the pegs a bit lower and farther back.

http://www.teamflanary.com/bigg.htm

Has some pics...I can't seem to get them to post on the forum.

Thanks guys...I love it.  Rode last night (only 50 degrees out) and learned that first gear can go a long way...

I am trying to keep it under 5500 like the book says.

Garry
Very nice. How does it fit you? Whats your height/weight if you dont mind me asking...
No problem asking.  I am 6'5" 330 pounds.  It fits me fine.  I want to drop the pegs down and back...about an inch or so each way, and ad some pegs that are a bit wider...I wear a size 14 shoe.  Before I can move the pegs I am gonna have to change the pipes.

I have been told that Shaq rides a Busa.

I have tried lots of sport bikes and found the Busa to fit the best...ZX14 next then I actually like the TL1000R or the RC51 as they seem to have the pegs a bit lower and farther back.
Cool thanks man, I was wondering how I would fit on it. I have my order placed on the 08 and am just waiting for it to come in. I sat on it in the showroom and it seemed fine but I wanted to get a real world opinion from you because we are about the same size (I'm 6'4 320lbs). So its not gonna neede Helibars ya think? I already knew I'd have to drop the pegs a little. Ive had a few bikes as well, Katana, zx9, vstrom and I'm hoping the Busa will fit me well. Thanks for your input man.

Back