Gen2 Drag bike top end setup

medicbaldwin

Registered
I'm looking for a bit of advice not only from here but i've emailed a few companies with the same question. I race a gen2 dragbike, motor is completely stock but tuned and I have full tuning capabilities. This off season i'm going to install a ported/polished head with race cams. My question is, what cam profile/grind would be recommended for a stock bottom end that'll make power? I'm also racing the bike in 2 classes, one will be NA the other class will be an index class that'll require a little nitrous.

Thanks in advance

I'm looking for a bit of advice not only from here but i've emailed a few companies with the same question. I race a gen2 dragbike, motor is completely stock but tuned and I have full tuning capabilities. This off season i'm going to install a ported/polished head with race cams. My question is, what cam profile/grind would be recommended for a stock bottom end that'll make power? I'm also racing the bike in 2 classes, one will be NA the other class will be an index class that'll require a little nitrous.

Thanks in advance
Hi. I would not do anything untull you can do it all at one tïŋë. Pick up an other motor and build that one.

here's the latest. I picked up a block to either have as a core or send off to have it bored and plated, picked up some 83mm pistons. Still planning to go with the ported carpenter head, but, still back at cams. I have a line on some webb 425's but i'm concerned they might be too big being that i'll have a 1407 with 13.5:1 CR. Webb recommends these cams for 1500cc's and bigger.
I've been considering going with a 415/395 (I/E) setup as this seems to be a popular combo for a 1441. Depending on the class i'm racing, i'll primarily be NA and occasionally run nitrous.

Back