From a 1397 to 1441

1:45 is a long ride? bro I make that same ride to Powerhouse from CT at least 5-10 times a year and I ride there. there are thousand of ppl who are no closer then 10-15 hours and FAR longer to the nearest turner. $800 for an E85 tune? remind me to never go there.

I couldn't ride my bike to Powerhouse from Ct. because of the snow and it isn't just a tune. I shipped it to him and I'm shipping it home. Frank is working on it now. In my opinion, It's Worth the added $850.00 for the shipping round trip. At least you have the Piece Of Mind that it's getting done the RIGHT Way. On Top Of That, Working with this Gentleman is a Total Pleasure. What A Professional..:thumbsup:

Brett the 1:45 was dead early in the AM no traffic LOL . I run my own company and as the guy who does all the work 3 1/2hr stuck on the L.I.E towing a bike SUCKS!!!!!!!!! when I have jobs to do . Oh yeah $800 on a map that never happened , I told them that the bike would run out of injector and it did , but that was after a blown fuel pump and all the other **** they charged for, Then tax ! It was more than $400 in labor alone ! a $100 just to change out the fuel pump. Problem with some shops is hour rate adds up on **** you or I can do at home but your bike is there
lol... yea I hear ya! was in that miserable traffic today cause I had to go there to get my head and cases to send out. not fun but like I said at least we have someone relatively close that knows his shiit wen it comes to anything Busa....

I couldn't ride my bike to Powerhouse from Ct. because of the snow and it isn't just a tune. I shipped it to him and I'm shipping it home. Frank is working on it now. In my opinion, It's Worth the added $850.00 for the shipping round trip. At least you have the Piece Of Mind that it's getting done the RIGHT Way. On Top Of That, Working with this Gentleman is a Total Pleasure. What A Professional..:thumbsup:
agreed

Wait you did not read the post from the start , My builder has made the fastest bikes in the world and I trust him ! not to post names but one went 311mph :) we were talking about tuning shops around me and how one "tuner" ripped me off on a tune on another bike , My new build I was told the maps from my 1397 same big cams just rods and a gen2 crank would be close and I could use them , But I was not told they were spot on . I was just trying to gauge the feeling about a tune and where to go now since I have tryed alot of guys and some suck and some are great and some have time issues that you really need to work around and that can be a major pain in the Ass

I read it and I guess misunderstood what you were trying to say. It sounded as if your map/tune built for a 1397 wouldn't be a problem using with a 1441 setup. That's what I gathered and a few others based on what you posted. If you meant otherwise, that wan't communicated initially.

Steve is a good guy and knows his stuff when it comes to building engines. Personally I think he's one of if not the best in the Busa world.

You sound familliar, were you at Bill's service?

I read it and I guess misunderstood what you were trying to say. It sounded as if your map/tune built for a 1397 wouldn't be a problem using with a 1441 setup. That's what I gathered and a few others based on what you posted. If you meant otherwise, that wan't communicated initially.

Steve is a good guy and knows his stuff when it comes to building engines. Personally I think he's one of if not the best in the Busa world.

You sound familliar, were you at Bill's service?

Could not make it up there we were away , But maybe your on FB ? I'm on his , Steves and
Trillium Muir's and a whole bunch of others , It Would be under Mark and Jodi Rooney or if you knew Bill well he might have talked about me . He would try to stop at my house on his way back from Maine and get paired up fish to mate in his ponds in Fl

Could not make it up there we were away , But maybe your on FB ? I'm on his , Steves and
Trillium Muir's and a whole bunch of others , It Would be under Mark and Jodi Rooney or if you knew Bill well he might have talked about me . He would try to stop at my house on his way back from Maine and get paired up fish to mate in his ponds in Fl

I sent you are request.. ;)

Back