Gen2 copart special: redemption

When we bid at copart, we can view the stuff we are going to bid on In Texas.
You paid 6500 plus fees or it 6500 otd and it came with a salvaged title?
‘My opinion I think you paid too much but lately everyhth is going high dollar at the auctions.

wow you're right, in their website it says you can. When I called they said I couldn't. This was back in Jan when I asked. I wonder if it was a covid thing?

Anyhow for me this is fun it's not about saving money, although I'm not trying to throw it away either :) I am really enjoying fixing it.

Dropped off the bike this morning for the frame weld. The guy has been doing aluminum work for 20 years, he was showing me pictures of bikes he had welded frame stuff on. He said frame tab breaks and bends super common, he gets them on guys who are stunting a lot. I'm hopeful, will get bike back this week.

I sourced a used 2015 flashed ECU, it's on the way. These Facebook parts groups are awesome.

Also my fairings finally shipped from China!

Dropped off the bike this morning for the frame weld. The guy has been doing aluminum work for 20 years, he was showing me pictures of bikes he had welded frame stuff on. He said frame tab breaks and bends super common, he gets them on guys who are stunting a lot. I'm hopeful, will get bike back this week.

I sourced a used 2015 flashed ECU, it's on the way. These Facebook parts groups are awesome.

Is he able to test it for trueness?

Make sure u don't pay anyone in those groups with anything besides PayPal

got it back from welding shop today.

the guys there impressed me, it looks good and I test fit an old subframe it fits nice and looks straight. I know it's probably not perfect but I will see how it feels once I get it back together

i get new subframe and computer tomorrow so I'll get to try it all out. Very excited.

6EEFFAAE-1342-416F-99C4-31D74A849BFC.jpeg

0E3DC805-50AA-4610-87F8-4123205F4D56.jpeg

CB0DA6F8-67C2-4B9B-8C64-378CFE51B467.jpeg

Big update!!

1. New ECU installed, primed when I turned on kill switch immediately. $200 well spent.

Enjoy adorable video of my boy and I starting it up with my dad:

2. Subframe mounted and installed, has this racing inner fender I didn't expect.:

3. Routed all wiring and "repaired" some brackets

4. Rear brakes fully working. Had to replace the reservoir and bleed it for like...way too long. They work great.

IMG_0591.jpeg

IMG_0632.jpeg

IMG_0634.jpeg

5. GPS MOUNTED AND WORKING. Not losing this damn bike.

IMG_0631.jpeg

6. Got lights working (front and rear)

IMG_0582.jpeg

Everything SEEMS pretty aligned, at least not obviously crooked. Bike runs, wheels spin brakes work, etc. It seems like...fine?

Fairings are on the way from China, I have like another 10 days of waiting before it even hits the US. At least.

Anyhow, this has actually been really cheap to get working. ECU was $200, welding was $200. Subframe was $150, everything else together probably less than $100.

I'm at like $7k for a working 2020 Busa with 700 miles on it, not including fairings. I may yet do okay on this whole thing.

Things I'm trying to figure out now:

- One of the lines for the evap system doesn't reach anymore. idk why. I thought it'd be easier to put back together than figure out how to cap all the plugs and gut it.

- This racing inner fender won't work for me, passenger seat doesn't fit, etc. Had to order a used one from an 08, hope it fits.

Apparently this ECU was flashed by a drag racing guy in Atlanta (Kerr Freeman?). ABS turned off, limiters removed, etc. I was putting it back together mostly stock, besides K&N filters (air/oil). I was going to put on slip ons at some point after I got it working.

What do I need to know about having a flashed ECU in there?

OMG bleeding the front brakes on this ABS bike is such a pain.

Ive spent hours using a MityVac and gone through a ton of fluid trying to get it to feel right, still very spongy,

Now I'm leaving it overnight with the brake lever pulled to see if it will work out some bubbles. I'm guessing some air in the ABS pipes.

Check out how much fluid I've sucked through the MityVac just in last session.

C1FED12E-2A9D-4AC4-B126-DAECB843E7E1.jpeg

706D4D96-26E2-4EC6-898C-12CDADD08976.jpeg

OMG bleeding the front brakes on this ABS bike is such a pain.

Ive spent hours using a MityVac and gone through a ton of fluid trying to get it to feel right, still very spongy,

Now I'm leaving it overnight with the brake lever pulled to see if it will work out some bubbles. I'm guessing some air in the ABS pipes.

Check out how much fluid I've sucked through the MityVac just in last session.

View attachment 1634572
View attachment 1634573

Do you have anything small that vibrates? Tape or tie it very low and turn it on for awhile.

I had the same issue recently. Went thru 3 bottles of fluid and in the end gave up and took it to the shop for them to sort out. Turned out the ABS pump had stopped in a odd position and wouldn't allow full bleeding. And wouldn't reset until it was moving and past the speed where the ABS light goes off. Drove me nuts - hadn't had the issue last few times, just this one time.
I've since done a heap of reading and research into the "tie" the brake lever open thing. Turns out it's as controversial as oil, tires and chain lube..

I got it bled on stands and it felt great, then I take it off stands and start rolling it and the brakes suck again. Sometimes literally zero braking pressure.

I also hear a lot of scraping from front brakes.

Back on stands and I started noticing some things:

1. The front tire has a huge chunk taken out of it, so it hit something

IMG_0687.jpeg

2. I took off right side caliper and noticed the tire really won't spin freely - you can hear it scraping. On the left side it literally gets stuck ass you rotate the wheel.

3. I took off both calipers and you can actually see the side to side play on the rotors:

4. Now with the calipers off, I get a really stiff brake lever every single time.

So I think the system is bled. I think now its warped rotors...maybe more? Thoughts?

Back