Gen2 copart special: redemption

682B8E67-55CE-4DCF-ADC7-C4BA61A33613.jpeg

F8BB907C-2151-4CA7-93E5-F738B9CE1205.jpeg

Working on those little niggly details. Clamping in the sun with little bit of heat does seem to be working.

monster refunded me $65 for the tank cover. I'm happy overall but maaaaannnnnnn was this a lot more work than expected.

I have a new tank cover on the way.

Well, at least you are out in the wind and if you find out you like the beastie enough, perhaps seeking out OEM fairings to paint could be the next step..??

That's the plan. I can tell you already I love it, my son went for first ride on back today and he was so happy because it's way more comfortable than the cbr for 2up.

Im getting the rust off my airbrush skills right now, it's been a minute. I may need to buy a bigger HVLP style gravity fed gun all of mine are little guys for hobby stuff.

As I've thought more about the whole nose fairing issue, I'm wondering if somehow the way I put together the headlamp assembly is actually deforming the nose fairing. I may pull it completely apart and see how much it deforms with and without the headlamp assembly. Or maybe instead I'll just deal with panel gap and learn how to ignore it. I'm on the fence.

As I've thought more about the whole nose fairing issue, I'm wondering if somehow the way I put together the headlamp assembly is actually deforming the nose fairing. I may pull it completely apart and see how much it deforms with and without the headlamp assembly. Or maybe instead I'll just deal with panel gap and learn how to ignore it. I'm on the fence.
Well, if it were me, I'd take the chance to see if that is the issue..perhaps it will then all snap together??

At least it would only be time you have invested.

Well, if it were me, I'd take the chance to see if that is the issue..perhaps it will then all snap together??

At least it would only be time you have invested.
I think I'm going to ride it for a bit and recoup my energy, I'll pull it apart and put HIDs in at the same time.

The stupid brights turning on everyone I go full right (mostly in parking lots) is annoying AF

But god I love this bike. Its so smooth as compared to the previous one, I guess newer does matter.

There is some weird slop in the throttle that tightening the adjustment up by the handle doesn't seem to be getting rid of. Gonna play around with it.

Alright so I got the tank cover in black. I'm seriously not happy with it.

View attachment 1636150

Even with heating it up I can't take in that kind of gap.

I am looking into pulling the dents, sanding and filling them, then doing a gloss black airbrush job.
I guess in light of this cover, you'd be farther ahead (and happier) by doing that...

Wow my wife just noticed this...the actual fuel cap is dented in and there is a crease that is making the top end wider. Never saw it until she pointed it out.

0F539353-783D-4BD6-9224-A3EF7402DA91.jpeg

189F870E-639E-48B3-9BBF-672F7976D6C3.jpeg

So yeah. Tank cover ain't gonna fit.

Man even if I pull the dents I doubt I can really get the shape back enough to fit a cover. Think it's doable?

Wow my wife just noticed this...the actual fuel cap is dented in and there is a crease that is making the top end wider. Never saw it until she pointed it out.

View attachment 1636152

View attachment 1636153

Man even if I pull the dents I doubt I can really get the shape back enough to fit a cover. Think it's doable?
Unfortunately I think your gonna have to get a different tank i don't think you'll ever get out close to where it needs to be. On the plus side with a good tank that cover should for properly so you don't have to worry too much about what color tank you get.

Unfortunately I think your gonna have to get a different tank i don't think you'll ever get out close to where it needs to be. On the plus side with a good tank that cover should for properly so you don't have to worry too much about what color tank you get.

Yeah, I think you're dead on.

Im so close!! I think I found one on Facebook marketplace that I can cover or paint.

View attachment 1636152

View attachment 1636153

I never saw the tank from that angle on any of the other pictures...too bad as we could have steered you in the right direction before all the frustration....

This explains quite a bit however...good catch by your wife...

Back