Gen I Hayabusa - Stage One "Sleeper"

when you get on the throttle hard for extended periods things get warm, on my yellow bikw when i have the dump pipes installed i keep my foot as far back as i can if i am blasting several gears under boost.

So nothing with normal riding then I'm assuming - only when go "hard" for a long time. How about idling, such as traffic and red lights? Does it get warm real quick that you just want to getamovin'? lol

no never had that, just get used to all your right shoes smelling like dump foot lol

you can beat the sound of a turbo spooling through a dump pipe, but its also cool to have sleeper quiet exhaust with double the hp of what everyone thinks you should have lol. Get both and rotate around, thats what i do

And I think you already answered my diameter question Mr. Smith. I just went to your website and looked at the RCC carbon muffler and the pipe is huge!

2.5" pipe diameter

Okay perfect. I'm going to have to fabricate one from the turbo and then split it out so that it could go to the dual Yoshi cans. Do you think the Yoshimura cans would be alright or would I have to do something to them?

Unpacking? - if so, how would I go about doing that? What will happen if I remove it all (more power, louder, etc.)? ???

Something just came up as I was talking to a friend of mine while reading through some threads. With the dump pipes, do you lose a lot of ground clearance? We were talking about this because he told me to just keep the dump pipes instead of fabricating a dual exhaust option with the turbo.

I'm going to keep the stock shock settings and will not plan on lowering it. Also, I love riding in the twisties (well, not as crazy as I do on my CBR900RR, but I still do ;) ). Will dump pipes affect clearance a lot (it doesn't look too bad in pictures, but I can see where problems come in)? ???

I got to test ride a turbo Hayabusa today! Damn, boost is crazy! It was an 04 with a stage one RCC kit, dump pipes, head spacer, fuel and boost gauge, extended 6 inches and lowered fron and rear, running off pump gas.

It seemed pretty normal at first, but once the boost kicked in OMG! I felt the front end get a little loose as well.

I'm going to have to call him back and say I'm not interested anymore. lol

PS: I, personally, didn't like the dump pipe sound. So I will need a full exhaust of some sort.

Oh really? I don't want that at all. I want it to sound more like an aftermarket exhaust. ???
Got your message about the stock exhaust. I live in AZ and the temps are high here. but there haven't been any issues with the set up. The turbo exhausts into a y pipe that then goes to the stock cans. Haven't had any issues with heat, loss of power and both Hahn and some of the posters here have advised me that the stock exhaust helps reduce chances of "boost creep" on my internal wastegate system. Its not an over the top horse power set up, just tuned now at 220 rwhp. No hard launches, mostly roll on boosting. The pipe diameter matches the turbo outlet on one end and the stock midpipes on the other. I'm no expert at all, but it has worked out so far that tuning seems to be the issue and not the dump pipe vs other exhaust (except maybe the oh my god! horsepower numbers). Bike currently has over 33,000 miles with the turbo installed since day one. Last maintenence was Sept 23, valves, compression, head gaskets , plugs, etc and overall bike...so far so good. Bike goes in for maint. at the shop, I'm not a good garage mechanic. First tunes the tuner suggested about, 210-215 rwhp and we upped it a bit on the last tune to about 220. AFR were about 11.2 to 1 (which doesn't mean alot to me but the shop says it will help avoid wrecking the motor) I'll try to post a pic of the Y pipe. Frank (powerhouse) gave me good advice on the boost creep stuff; my only concern is that Hahn doesnt seem to be the turbo of choice, I've been lucky so far, but next time I'll probably go RCC from what I've learned here.

Turbo stuff 1.jpg

Turbo stuff 2.jpg

Turbo stuff3.jpg

Y pie stuff 2.jpg

Y pipe from underneath 1.jpg

Back