Gen 2 busa hot start issue.

So to be honest my bike has been well maintained.
Never abused.
It’s just heartbreaking for me.
I had a couple of days for my vacation back home and it’s just been sad and depressing ever since this incident.
I hope we all get together and find a solution.
Also I asked him about the rectifier he said it’s working ok.

Yes, if the bike is running correctly, then the rectifier is working, but, they can cause random issues before they completely fail.

So to be honest my bike has been well maintained.
Never abused.
It’s just heartbreaking for me.
I had a couple of days for my vacation back home and it’s just been sad and depressing ever since this incident.
I hope we all get together and find a solution.
Also I asked him about the rectifier he said it’s working ok.
You've probably done some research on this via the internet..

I found a couple videos on gen 1s with starter clutch and shaft issues for you to look at as well...I'd imagine the mechanisms are similar in the different generations

The first one shows wear in the shaft that binds the mechanism causing it not to turn....

You've probably done some research on this via the internet..

I found a couple videos on gen 1s with starter clutch and shaft issues for you to look at as well...I'd imagine the mechanisms are similar in the different generations

The first one shows wear in the shaft that binds the mechanism causing it not to turn....

I had already mentioned these parts to my Suzuki mechanic and he already replaced it with another new part and tried if itd work but it didn’t.
To be honest I don’t trust any mechanics words.

I had already mentioned these parts to my Suzuki mechanic and he already replaced it with another new part and tried if itd work but it didn’t.
To be honest I don’t trust any mechanics words.
You mentioned he replaced the starter clutch, the pin these guys are talking about is in a different spot....your mechanic may have not even checked to see if this was binding.....

...just spit-balling ideas to get you sorted out...

Yes he checked the starter clutch as well .
He put in a new one and it didn’t fix the issue.
You mentioned he replaced the starter clutch, the pin these guys are talking about is in a different spot....your mechanic may have not even checked to see if this was binding.....

...just spit-balling ideas to get you sorted out..

I have had this issue on my 2nd gen. Bike would start fine cold but if I stop for gas it would not turn over fast enough to start. Sometimes to get it running I could put the bike in top gear and roll the motor over, and then it would start. This could possibly be a fuel vapor issue or injectors leaking fuel, so turning the motor over would vent the vapor out. The fix for me was actually a new battery, I had good voltage but was lacking the amps. Also, make sure your grounds are clean and tight.
It could be possible
Since my battery isn’t the best and I do not trust the packing of my previous mechanic.

Yes he checked the starter clutch as well .
He put in a new one and it didn’t fix the issue.
Watch those videos as they aren't talking about the starter clutch per se but the shaft for the pinion gear that has movement in it causing it to bind.

This may or may not be the issue but it is another step to process.....if your mechanic of whom you don't necessarily trust has checked this, it might be worth checking again or get the dealership to check this shaft while they have the engine apart...

Watch those videos as they aren't talking about the starter clutch per se but the shaft for the pinion gear that has movement in it causing it to bind.

This may or may not be the issue but it is another step to process.....if your mechanic of whom you don't necessarily trust has checked this, it might be worth checking again or get the dealership to check this shaft while they have the engine apart...
Yes I mentioned this part today when I was at the dealership. And he told me checked it yesterday.

Hey I was wondering
Should I just get the bearings changed?
If the bearings are not good at that mileage, then whatever caused that, will have damaged the rest of the motor. Those are not just take out and replace items. In short, if your bearings are shot, the bike must have overheated badly at some point, or something else, and the entire motor should be redone.

If you don't have experience with the technical details, best is to get a service shop where you have more confidence in the technicians.

I still standby the starter swelling from the heat of the engine making it turn slow. I'd try DEI gold tape on the starter before I did anything else. If that failed, then I would go 24Volt and it'll crank away like no tomorrow.

I still standby the starter swelling from the heat of the engine making it turn slow. I'd try DEI gold tape on the starter before I did anything else. If that failed, then I would go 24Volt and it'll crank away like no tomorrow.
24 volt battery?

If the bearings are not good at that mileage, then whatever caused that, will have damaged the rest of the motor. Those are not just take out and replace items. In short, if your bearings are shot, the bike must have overheated badly at some point, or something else, and the entire motor should be redone.

If you don't have experience with the technical details, best is to get a service shop where you have more confidence in the technicians.
Hi
I spoke to an other mechanic from here and he referred to just change the bearings. He says no way your crank is shot. He has seen my bike first hand and personally.
And he asked na a question I could not answer confidently, which was if my radiator was serviced or working perfectly.

Hey man I even put in a new starter. But it didn’t work.

Hey man I even put in a new starter. But it didn’t work.
I wouldn’t think it would if it’s swelling them from heat. Like I said above it’s like $15 for the tape to try it out or just go 24 volt. You use two batteries. One is isolated to only go to the starter so only the starter sees 24volts everything else on the bike sees 12volts. It’ll spin that starter so fast you won’t believe the sound. I’m sure there is a thread here. I think I made one when I did it.

Back