Gen 1 Turbo build for Willy's Jeep

Reflash is to compensate for 4x larger injectors and turn off fuel limiter. Pcv. Does fueling based off boost level. Then a boost controller handles power management. If you want all in one. You are back to a standalone
Ahh I got ya. So by the time I add a boost contoller, map sensor and reflash I'll likely be over the cost of a few of the other options.

Ahh I got ya. So by the time I add a boost contoller, map sensor and reflash I'll likely be over the cost of a few of the other options.
I would start with the injectors
Send your ECU to someone who can do the basic injector compensation reflash
Buy A PCV-TPI it comes with a map sensor
then as far as boost control how many stages do you need? Wastegate then a latching relay or a pushbutton to use a relay to feed boost pressure thru a air regulator to your wastegate assist port and BOOM Wheeeeeee button then later if you need a AMS500/1000/2000 you can add that later

I would start with the injectors
Send your ECU to someone who can do the basic injector compensation reflash
Buy A PCV-TPI it comes with a map sensor
then as far as boost control how many stages do you need? Wastegate then a latching relay or a pushbutton to use a relay to feed boost pressure thru a air regulator to your wastegate assist port and BOOM Wheeeeeee button then later if you need a AMS500/1000/2000 you can add that later
Can you link to the PCI-TPI your talking about?

Injector dynamics 1000cc. Fit right in my fuel rail. Had to change injector plugs. They came with them
Nice! Does the rail have to be modified to flow enough fuel? I have to build new lines and tank etc with a different pump already so just checking

Thanks! Yeah I was looking at those upgraded ones too.
Will that power commander work on a 2000? I see it says 2002+.

The one from SBD Motorsports requires me to replace the rotor/windings/generator to a newer style. Anyone know why? Or if I’d have to do that for all options?

Sort of liking the piggyback one from ECUMaster more now though. Very small unit, controls fuel and spark, retain original dash, built in map sensor, live mapping and all for $500.

Thanks! Yeah I was looking at those upgraded ones too.
Will that power commander work on a 2000? I see it says 2002+.

The one from SBD Motorsports requires me to replace the rotor/windings/generator to a newer style. Anyone know why? Or if I’d have to do that for all options?

Sort of liking the piggyback one from ECUMaster more now though. Very small unit, controls fuel and spark, retain original dash, built in map sensor, live mapping and all for $500.
A 02+ PC will not work on a 00. 99/00 are 16 bit, 01 is a bastard year, and 02+ are 32 bit. You can upgrade your 00 electronics to the 02+ pretty easily, if you search it on here you'll find tons of info on how. It's what I did.

Which ECU master are you looking at?
See above. I didn’t notice before though, that the injection control feature only supports batch fire so that part won’t work.
Will the factory ecu auto adjust the fuel amount if I simply install the 1000cc injectors, or does it still need to be flashed? (Sorry, new to the hayabusa)

Might be easiest to get the kit from SBD here. It comes preloaded with a map and it’s a direct wire. Waiting on an exact quote from them still, but the website says around $1100 with harness.

Why will batch fire not work? I have used both with my Megasquirt standalone seems no measureable difference
That’s surprising. I would have thought, especially on a bike, the performance and idle characteristics would dramatically suffer in batch fire.

@202mphbusa could you recommend a proper size turbo for my application? Originally I was looking at GT35’s but I think those will take too long to spool. Really only want to hit 400hp, and if I ever want more I’ll upgrade the turbo.
Someone mentioned a 2871 made just over that, but I really want something with external wastegate if possible that spools fast.

@202mphbusa could you recommend a proper size turbo for my application? Originally I was looking at GT35’s but I think those will take too long to spool. Really only want to hit 400hp, and if I ever want more I’ll upgrade the turbo.
Someone mentioned a 2871 made just over that, but I really want something with external wastegate if possible that spools fast.
2871 you can get with a external gate I believe
I made 382 hp with a 2876 FMU and S2000 injectors,
I have a GT4088 now and with the twin scroll ball bearing turbo lag is not as bad as I would have thought
Garrett GT2871R Ball Bearing Turbo (standard 56 trim) T25 Int W/G or CUSTOMIZE HOUSING OPTIONS : atpturbo.com
I think you can pick a housing with external gate

I have a GT4088 now and with the twin scroll ball bearing turbo lag is not as bad as I would have thought
Garrett GT2871R Ball Bearing Turbo (standard 56 trim) T25 Int W/G or CUSTOMIZE HOUSING OPTIONS : atpturbo.com
Thanks, and wow that’s a big turbo for a hayabusa!
The guys at SBD seem to think the 1000cc injectors are a little big for the hp. Is there a 750cc (or smaller if you think it will work) that fits directly without modifications?

Definitely won’t have room in the budget for a Garrett at first.

Also looking at the T04e size now. Looks like it’s slightly bigger than a 2871 and way cheaper usually. Anyone tried one of those on a busa?

Back