gauge mount

BigRod1300

Registered
I am trying to mount my 2 inch daul needle air gauge on the dash. It fits and looks good above the speedo cluster at the beek / under the screen. Has anyone mounted there before and how? I have pic of what I am attemping, but there on the home PC...at work now. Thanks for any help.... I would rather not mount the guage on the triple tree.

fab up a peice of thin alu. would be the fastest and easiest ways. I think autometer makes a mount that would work for you also.

like jester said, fab up a piece of alu. You can also go thinner with a stainless mount or a piece of scrap abs plastic. Just make sure you don't have any hard edges by the windscreen.

pics as I had stated. I just tried to make a templat of cardboard, but I dont think I have room to circle the gauge for the mount.

DSCN0953.JPG

If you're going to put it there, then you are going to have to send out your cluster to bluegauges.com to get them all to match
smile.gif

TopSpeed.jpg

I have gauge face on order, waiting for them to arrive. Yes all gauges will be all white. I planned a head.
laugh.gif

I think Schnitz makes a gauge mount that mounts to the triple tree

As mentioned in my first post that I realy do not want to mount off of the trip tree. Was working last night installing the new white face guage cluster and I now have 2 air guages from Pingelonline. Thinking of mounting them at the screen with Gipro between them. When the Gipro gets here I'll post pics of a mock-up to see what everyone thinks of them.

I have the tiger gauge holder. It is super light weight, and I can still see my gauges. I have only two problems with them. 1.) Watch the edges! The gauge holder is extremely sharp. I cut my thumb and got blood all over my dash. Also I had to rotate my clutch line away from the edges. 2.) You have to be careful with what gauges you put in there. They need to be pretty shallow, or the backs will bottom out into your cluster. I put the Whistler Cruisader radar detector in one side and it is pretty deep. I had to bend the Tiger bracket alot. It works, but it can be difficult to see sometimes because of the angle.

I have the tiger gauge holder. It is super light weight, and I can still see my gauges. I have only two problems with them. 1.) Watch the edges! The gauge holder is extremely sharp. I cut my thumb and got blood all over my dash. Also I had to rotate my clutch line away from the edges. 2.) You have to be careful with what gauges you put in there. They need to be pretty shallow, or the backs will bottom out into your cluster. I put the Whistler Cruisader radar detector in one side and it is pretty deep. I had to bend the Tiger bracket alot. It works, but it can be difficult to see sometimes because of the angle.
Got any pics ? Also you can put some trim on the edge or just dremmel it smooth.

Here is another idea. Two small air guages with Gipro in center. Everything is only sitting in place, no mount yet. Ive also installed the white guage face panels. What do you think?

DSCN0964.JPG

Finished. I mounted the single guage but it looked more like a clock with two air needles. So I undid it and mounted Gipro and two Pingle air guages...much better. I acually used a tinted wall inbox from my office as the bracket for mount..LOL.

DSCN1003.JPG

I have rear Dapinnci air ride. One gauge for ride hight and the other for ride comfort ( hard or soft ). The Dapinnci is dual valved.

Back