Gas Milage?

PImpN

Registered
just curious...

im getting no more and usually no less than 28 mpg on 87 octane in town... is this normal for an all stock 05?

i usually just pull around 3-8k in first up to about 35 then pretty easy on it for the most part. cruise around 2.5-3.5k in second or third. granted i have my fair share of lil bursts here and there...

anyway just wondering - thought i read somewhere that people were getting a bit better mpg even with the aggressive riding...

Thx in Advance,

PimpN

That seems to be about what I am getting with my '05, but, I do a lot of racing at the drag strip.

My combined city/highway is 36-38mpg, 05 w/2500 miles. Cruising in town around 25-35mph in 3rd/4th. On the highway, 65-80mph.

I get 43-46 on the hiway at 85-95 mph and around 32-34 in town and cruise about 4k in town.

I'm getting around 36mpg. I usually ride 30-40 in town and 70-85 on the highway. I could probably get better mileage if I would keep it around the speed limit. I've only got a TRE and a K&N filter on mine.

...I get about 12/13 Kilometers per liter... im not too sure as to how it converts to miles per gallon!!

if you aren't getting 35+ on the highway then you need to check your driving habits. It is a 1.3l 4cyl engine that only pushes about 700lbs (bike and rider) and should get outstanding mileage if you don't play with the throttle too much. I do alot of time at the drag strip and still average over 30mpg city/hwy.

The only time that I have beat 30 mpg is during breakin without the speedo corredcted. Whent as low as 25 mpg with the TRE on it got rid of that now 28-30 Mpg.There isnt a time that i ride it that it doesn't see at least 150 MPH. at least once

<!--EDIT|thunder
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127019631 -->

I get 40 mpg on the highway at 85mph and about 30 mpg if I'm just doing some fun riding.

I get about 30 mpg around town and 40-45 on the freeway averaging 85-90 mph. Seems to me to be about normal. If I start doing some hard launches and high rev shifting, the mpg dips in the the high 20's.

Why are you only using 87 octane?

I get 42-47 mpg with some playing included. mostly highway riding..

Yeah mine is suckin to, 05 Busa 2500 miles no engine mods. - yet... 25- 27 around town, i have other liter bikes and gotten much better even riding much harder. i can't beleive an extra 300cc and 100 pounds could knock the fuel economy down that much. oh well still better than the super-duty

Back