Disappearing gas milage

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
On a previous post I stated I thought my gas needle was dropping faster than normal.

In the past I got around 41-45mpg, I checked a few time vs the computer and it was pretty close.

About a month ago I installed a PCIII and didn't notice any difference in milage. I ride every day so I'm pretty familiar with my bike.

About two weeks ago I installed a smart tre from checkerd flag and again did not notice any milage difference.

Last week I only went to work and back, no extended rides and noticed my fuel dropping more than normal.

Saturday I filled up, and checked today...106.6 miles on 2.97 gallons...36.4mpg (these were also mostly highway miles).  About 7-8 mpg less than normal. To be honest I though with the way the needle was dropping I'd be in the high 20s.

I've got no other performance mods other than a PCIII and the tre. I really don't think I've been overly getting on it any more than normal.

Bikes running like an awesome champ that it is so I've got no complaints or clues in that area. If it's just the power commander enriching the fuel mixture as it's supposed to, I'm good with that. I'll take the mpg hit, my busa is not an eccono machine anyway.  If there's something weird going on, that's a different story.

The odd thing is either it happened all at once, or I was oblivious and just noticed it. Any insight or experience would be appreciated.

BTW - computer this time said 43.8mpg.

bike just rolled 5000 miles

<!--EDIT|Justyntym
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154386883 -->

It may be any of the combination of the following:

1. The temp outside (man has it been hot everywhere
laugh.gif
) (Therefore causing you to run rich)
2. WHERE you filled up ( I get great millage with Shell, worse with others etc...)
3. You are not knowingly gaining confidence with the new mods and pushing her just a TAD harder then before... You'd be surprised what a diff. that can make
biggrin.gif

Just my .02
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|Leo
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154387159 -->

When was the last time you synch'd your throttle bodies?

--Wag--

Back