g/f needs help, child custody issue

Glad to hear! Now get some child support from his ass. J/K but would be nice huh.

Great news! See, we all knew that first hearing was jacked. I'm glad it all worked out for the best.
thumb_up.gif

At lot of good information here. Please read it all carfully! One thing that should have been started earlier which would have helped her was to get a restraining order and complete a domestic protection order. She needs not to get into any arguments with the father or the grandparents. Anything can be used against her especially those telephone conversations...communicating threats is easy to charge! Continue to document and prove he's unfit! The grandparents do not have any power, they need the son to stay clean!

This is my 2 cents...A LEO in NC!

I will have to say it again. Documentation is everything. I have a fat notebook, containing times and dates of calls, text messages, harrasment, driving by my house, and anything that happens. All this info I take with me everytime I go to court. I might not have been able to get him to sign over his rights but the judge has limited his visitation. One step at a time. Anything for the best interest of my babies!

Congradulations on getting this resolved! I am extremly happy for all of you!

I am happy to see that this worked out for your g/f. The power of a good lawyer. . . it is an amazing thing!
cool.gif

I'd still send Jason on halloween , to talk to him.. Just incase he needs a friendly reminder... I am also really happy things worked out!

*update*

thought i would give everyone an update.  long story short, she got her son back friday after he got out of school and he doesnt EVER have to go back to see his father.  

All during the last few days HER lawyer has went to court with a different judge and basically won it without her having to even be there.   the lawyer showed all the fathers assault charges, DV charges, drug uses, ect... as well as 2 voice mails he left her saying how $ can buy off a judge and if she sleeps with him he will drop everything.  so needless to say father is not allowed to be near the child and mother has sole custody of the child and he can never attempt to get custody or even visitation of the child again.   and i guess that 1st judge is in some major **** now because of that whole "buy off the judge" voice mail, plus her $500 contempt of court was dropped.  i will say it ended up costing some major coin, but it was well worth it.  thank you everyone for ur ideas and support  
beerchug.gif
That's great news

Back