Fyi...

I dont think you have a real problem here. Check this link
Before Buying a Vehicle From Out of State - Be Sure You Can Register It in California FFVR 29
If I interpret this correctly, California only applies this to NEW vehicles, and, by definition, a "new vehicle" is less than 7,500 miles. If you a are moving to California with a vehicle you already own and have registered in another state, you can register it in California no problem even if it qualifies as a "new vehicle" but doesn't meet CA emission requirements. Selling it in CA would present a problem, but only if you sold it before you got the mileage over 7500 miles. Once over 7500 miles, you can sell it and the new owner can register it with no problem because it is no longer a "new vehicle.". So take you Busa to CA, ride it a few years, or better yet, just keep it!

BTW, I sent you a private email, or just call me.

Interesting...VERY interesting. :) I have some thinking to do. Part of why I was selling it was to save costs and increase cash...but if I can sell in Cali later IF I HAVE to...hmmm. Or I could sell here and re-buy in Cali later. Decisions, decisions. ??? Thanks VERY much for the info! :bowdown:

That really does blow dude...I remember you getting your O/B a little while before I got mine. I understand your dilemma tho, but to echo the others...I'd try and keep it. Best of luck with the move.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, I really do wanna keep it. We'll see. Thanks!

I would hate to move.I have 3 bikes a trailer 2 suv's a project truck and like 6 cars.Too bad you have to sell the busa.

Geesh. Thought I had it rough. Not even, huh? lol

I dont think you have a real problem here. Check this link
Before Buying a Vehicle From Out of State - Be Sure You Can Register It in California FFVR 29
If I interpret this correctly, California only applies this to NEW vehicles, and, by definition, a "new vehicle" is less than 7,500 miles. If you a are moving to California with a vehicle you already own and have registered in another state, you can register it in California no problem even if it qualifies as a "new vehicle" but doesn't meet CA emission requirements. Selling it in CA would present a problem, but only if you sold it before you got the mileage over 7500 miles. Once over 7500 miles, you can sell it and the new owner can register it with no problem because it is no longer a "new vehicle.". So take you Busa to CA, ride it a few years, or better yet, just keep it!

BTW, I sent you a private email, or just call me.

I think you're right on the money there. Dunno how I missed that new/old based on the 7500 mileage before...I HAVE looked at that site/page many times. I've also found confirmations on various forums and sites as well, so I may have to keep the bike....we'll see...I do have offers. Now I have a more of a choice. :) Thanks!

Mother Hubbard!!! U can't find an '08 orange when u want one, then AFTER you buy a bike, one comes up for sale...:banghead:

Good luck on the sell and the move!

Mother Hubbard!!! U can't find an '08 orange when u want one, then AFTER you buy a bike, one comes up for sale...:banghead:

Good luck on the sell and the move!

As they say, "In life, timing is EVERYthing." So true.

Thanks for the well wishes and congrats on gettin' your 08 Orange & Black! :thumbsup::beerchug:

Greetings folks. Got some good news and some good news!

First off, the 1985 Suzuki GS550ES is all set to go to it's new home this weekend to a fellow Org member who, even more so than I, has an affinity for these bikes and, MUCH more than I, has the knowledge and skills to make it the best it can be! :cheerleader: Just the kind of home that I was hoping to find for it. :thumbsup:

Second, with the GS moving on to a good home and after all of the "You should keep the Hayabusa!" comments and posts from friends, family and online friends here and at TheGSResources and EVEN from my other half (how do I LOVE HER, let me count the ways :bowdown:), I have decided to keep the Hayabusa and go ahead and ship it to California where we'll meet again. :cheerleader::cheerleader: If I EVER sell this bike, it'll be because I have absolutely NO other choice. I've been sleeping MUCH better ever since I made that decision. :)

Thanks to everyone for all the advice, tips and support! Now, back to the project of moving our entire life from Maryland to California. 2800 miles..., keeping the house in MD as a rental, renting a house in Cali and still need to land jobs out west. I think I need to go buy one of these :easy:, and quick!

It is done. :) The GS has moved on to it's new home an upstanding Hayabusa.org member who also loves the GS series of bikes. The bike and the new family all seem to get on well and it would seem the GS will have much love and an opportunity to continue to provide miles of smiles. :) :cheerleader:

The Hayabusa is set to be shipped next week after which, the next ride will be on California asphalt. :)

It is done. :) The GS has moved on to it's new home an upstanding Hayabusa.org member who also loves the GS series of bikes. The bike and the new family all seem to get on well and it would seem the GS will have much love and an opportunity to continue to provide miles of smiles. :) :cheerleader:

The Hayabusa is set to be shipped next week after which, the next ride will be on California asphalt. :)

Great news! Hope you can meet up with some of the .org legends while you're out there:thumbsup:

the worst feeling in the world is giving up something you love. good to hear it panned out for you. :beerchug:

Well I am the mystery oRG member that bought MMG's pretty little GS550ESF. That bike was the baby sister of the 1985 GS700E, a bike I wish I had never sold and have have been looking for a good example to buy for the last decade. The 550 is also very pretty and will make a good starter bike for my 17 year old son.

Back