fuel line duestion

spit on it

Registered
i bought a 05 hayabusa motor that i'm putting in a atv, and i was wondering about the fule system. does there need to be a fuel return line. my fuel pump only has one line out of it. do i need to put a return line to the gas tank, if so where should it go.

Lucas

NO. the fuel pump from the Busa, given that's what you're using, has a built in pressure regulator that only allows so much psi, and any overage is returned to the fuel cell within itself.

if i can get it funning that is. there are so many sensors and things on the hayabusa motor. .. . i'm not to good at wiring

Last edited:
ummm Are you running the OE fuel system complete from soup to nuts? I mean will the fuel pump remain inside a tank? Will it still be using the OE fuel pump mounting assembly and the OE pickup?

The OE system has a regulator built into the pickup/mounting assembly so the "return fuel" is dumped right back inside the fuel tank. The OE system is considered a dead headed system. This type of setpup isn't so good if you plan on upping the fuel requirements for your motor.

should be quite a fun ride.. remeber just cause your falling on the dirt doesn't mean it will hurt any less :laugh: good luck an godsspeed

Last edited by a moderator:
Back