Brass fitting came out (fuel line)

Have you thought about a new Busa, I think you could reduce your total cost of ownership with one:whistle:

Good luck getting it ready for the Bash :)

Last edited:
THAT'S EXACTLY what I was hoping for:beerchug:

:bowdown:

The search for that is on. I got 1.5 days:thumbsup:
if you use the loctite, make sure it is not "Gas soluble" I think epoxy or jb just on the outside is weak... you are going to want what ever you use to be in the pressed area.. I have a few methods I use on this stuff but it wont translate well on the net.. (IE,, I take my tubing cutter and put a couple radial knurls on the fitting.. very touchy)

if you use the loctite, make sure it is not "Gas soluble" I think epoxy or jb just on the outside is weak... you are going to want what ever you use to be in the pressed area.. I have a few methods I use on this stuff but it wont translate well on the net.. (IE,, I take my tubing cutter and put a couple radial knurls on the fitting.. very touchy)

yes I know what you mean about the knurls. I have a pipe cutter. I'll put a couple soft scores on it as you said to give the epoxy something to bond to. Good idea, Randy. I'll "paint" a thin layer of epoxy on the inserted part about 1/2 way up and tap it in with a long board and hammer.:beerchug:

Have you thought about a new Busa, I think you could reduce your total cost of ownership with one:whistle:

Good luck getting it ready for the Bash :)

Don, it's crossed my mind a few times in the last couple mo.:laugh:

I'd want a gen I still so I can swop all my body work and chrome over though.

done deal. Very light score spirolling up the inserted part. Thin layer of metal epoxy with a few light taps from wood and hammer. After a few min. I put the hose on without the clamp yet and gave it a tug and it wasn't goin anywhere.:cheerleader:

Bikes all back together and ready for more gas:thumbsup:

I think this is round 5. :please:

hey chris....i have some structural bonding glue that is gas resistant. Works on all metals,glass,plastics or anything you put it on. Its here in the garage, if you wanna make a raod trip. :) If not call the body shop you deal with they probley got some.. either 3M structural bonding adhesive or my favorite.. Norton Structural adhesive in your case the 1 minute or 5 minute will work...for extra strength go with the 15 or 40. If they dont have it. Finish Masters or any other autobody paint supplier out there will have some. It not cheap thought. 1 tube is about 15 bucks and then you need the 2part gun to shoot it out of.

hey chris....i have some structural bonding glue that is gas resistant. Works on all metals,glass,plastics or anything you put it on. Its here in the garage, if you wanna make a raod trip. :) If not call the body shop you deal with they probley got some.. either 3M structural bonding adhesive or my favorite.. Norton Structural adhesive in your case the 1 minute or 5 minute will work...for extra strength go with the 15 or 40. If they dont have it. Finish Masters or any other autobody paint supplier out there will have some. It not cheap thought. 1 tube is about 15 bucks and then you need the 2part gun to shoot it out of.

i tried the metal epoxy. hopefully that works. if not I'm probably in trouble and wont need the gas or match :eh:

J B weld!!
I repaired a carb, with it, and it doesn't leak!

J B weld!!
I repaired a carb, with it, and it doesn't leak!
I would guess on the conservative side I have maybe 500 quadrajets running around with primary/secondary metering wells jb welded.. (similar product anyway)

QJ's (a 4bbl carb for those who dont know what it is) used to leak out the swedged plugs put in by the factory..

well alls good so far. went out for about a half hour tonight to test it. Not sure I'll venture TOO far from the phillips though:laugh:

Back