Frame number help

DimSTriple

Registered
Hello all, my name is Dimitris and with your help I will buy a used busa the next hours.

The bike seems to be a limited edition 2003 (black), imported from Germany. I have the frame number and I would like to know if anyone of you can give me more information or tell me where to look for(Germany also has closed engines with less power).

The frame number of the bike is:
JS1A1111200114098

Thanks in advance

I don't think I quite understand, friend....please explain a little more.
I'm ready to buy a used busa (2003 limited edition) with the frame number I wrote above. The bike is an import from Germany and has 8000km on the clock. As far as I know in Germany market they also have closed models with less power.

What I am looking for, is to somehow find information about the bike with it's frame number.

smile.gif

aah...I see. Tell me more about the bike. Do you have a link to the site? Be careful of scams.

FWIW, I don't recall 2003 having a limited edition. I know there is an "Anniversary Edition", but not a limited one.

What color is the bike?

I forgot to write that I talked with the Greek Suzuki imported and they cannot help, they can provide me with info from motorcycles that imported from them
sad.gif

hrmm...

so what color is the bike? Is someone selling it on the internet? If so, do you have a link for me to look at?

Have you seen pictures of the bike?

hrmm....

Well, based on my findings, it is a fraudulent VIN number. You're either trying to scam us, or....

You could be getting scammed.

Which one are you?

I didn't find it from a web site but a local shop has it. The shop is quite popular for importing really clean motorcycles from Germany so it's ok.
I don't have a picture but the bike looks exactly like the one I have attached.

Gold front system, front and rear calipers.
Black frame and swingarm

2003_GSX1300R_LE_solblk_450.jpg

yep...well, at least that's what I surmised. Did they send you a picture of the VIN?

Oh yeah...and that's a 2003 S E....not a limited edition. That dealer may be trying to pull a fast one.

<!--EDIT|PACIFICBUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127725102 -->

2003 SE  - the one pictured.

2003 LE   - never heard of 'um

2003 Anniversary Edition  - the Burnt Orange one...

<!--EDIT|PACIFICBUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127725173 -->

I've seen the bike (few times actually) and wrote down the vin number to find more info. The bike is in the store of the shop i told you.
smile.gif

from autocheck.com :

You entered an invalid VIN

Your VIN needs to be:

Exactly 17 characters.
For a vehicle manufactured after 1980 (1981 or later model year).
Without the letters I, O or Q.
Please enter a VIN on the right to get your FREE summary, or select one of the purchase options below, then come back to AutoCheck when you have your VIN.

I've seen the bike (few times actually) and wrote down the vin number to find more info. The bike is in the store of the shop i told you.
smile.gif
go back and double-check then. Are you sure it is the VIN for the bike? I did some research for you on the VIN number...and it doesn't seem to be checking out.

I'd double-check first. If it was a reputable dealer, they should have no problems providing you with a VIN # check.

2003 SE  - the one pictured.

2003 LE   - never heard of 'um

2003 Anniversary Edition  - the Burnt Orange one...
How can I find out it's an SE. The top yoke is from a standard busa (no LE logo or something).

I'm 100% sure that the vin is the one I wrote.
dunno exactly how...but I know for sure that ain't a Limited Edition 2003.

There was no such thing in 2003. See the color schemes below. (color scheme provided courtesy of Narcissus)

Color_Scheme.JPG

Really thanks for your time. I'm 100% sure it 2003 or 2004 model. The thing I would like to know is if it has a restricted engine that's why i wrote the vin number (as i wrote before it's from a German market).

German market or not, the VIN numbers are universal. They come on the thing straight from the factory.

As for it being restricted, I don't think so. I don't recall of Hayabusa's EVER being restricted (smaller CC's) for ANY market.

But hey, your money, your call. The deal sounds sketchy to me...I would ask the guy at the shop to give me a VIN check. If he can't do that, then I could possibly be buying a stolen product.

If you're comfy with it, then go ahead.

I aggree with you about the vin number and yes it's weird.

About the restricted motorcycles: The are some counties in europe that do not allow motorcycles with more than 100hp's. Germany was on of those countries but they changed the law and now they allow a less restricted motorcycles.(Switzerland still has 100hp limit).
German motorcycles comes with less power output (not cc's) which usually comes from smaller thottle bodies or-and CDI box.

I will try and make a research before i buy the bike, the shop cannot make a VIN check but as i wrote it has a good name in here.

Anyhow I'll let you know when i find something.

Thank you.

<!--EDIT|DimSTriple
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127727751 -->

Back