Replacement Frame?

gt500freak

Registered
Found an 08-09 Hayabusa replacement frame for my upcoming project that is sorta local to me. Due to it being a replacement, it has no vin numbers. Also, the guy has had it for alittle over a year and has no bill of sale or anything for it. The frame is new and has never been used. I am just wondering whether or not I would be able to get this frame titled and registered or not? Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks.

No as far I know down here the frame would have to be inspected by DMV an verified an then they would issue a new sticker with a vid # on it.. Not a parts guy but if you get a replacement frame I think they come with numbers...

If I were you just have the local auto theft come over an take a look at it for ya.. When you tell them you got a frame with no numbers the detectives are usually eager to help out an give a professional opinion :poke: :laugh: :rofl:

ps. don't tell the guy who has the frame who the pro is that is coming to help you check it out :laugh:

Last edited:
Found an 08-09 Hayabusa replacement frame for my upcoming project that is sorta local to me. Due to it being a replacement, it has no vin numbers. Also, the guy has had it for alittle over a year and has no bill of sale or anything for it. The frame is new and has never been used. I am just wondering whether or not I would be able to get this frame titled and registered or not? Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks.

No you will not be able to get numbers for it....it will only be good for a track bike. The reason they don't come with numbers is so you don't go out and steal a bike then call up the parts store and get a new issued fame with Vin#s and have a legit bike for $2500. You need to purschase a used frame with a clean title

Back