Foreclosure tactic homeowners can use to stall the process...

A bail out from the folks who caused the mess.

More than 2.3 million homeowners faced foreclosure proceedings last year and millions more are in danger of losing their homes. Today, President Obama will unveil a plan to spend at least $50 billion to help homeowners fend off foreclosure.

How nice.

r8

Once in a while, I go to zillow.com and look at the house we sold two and a half years ago. It's down to almost half of what we sold it for and it keeps declining every time I look at it. Amazing.

What bugs me is that credit got us into this mess in the first place and now they're talking about putting the nation as a whole into more debt. What I don't get is how debt is going to solve a debt problem.

Now, they're saying that people who are putting more money into savings accounts are adding to the "problem." That blows me away too. What's wrong with a little conservatism? Jeez, louise. You'd think that learning our lesson about excessive consumption would be a good thing.

--Wag--

Once in a while, I go to zillow.com and look at the house we sold two and a half years ago. It's down to almost half of what we sold it for and it keeps declining every time I look at it. Amazing.

What bugs me is that credit got us into this mess in the first place and now they're talking about putting the nation as a whole into more debt. What I don't get is how debt is going to solve a debt problem.

Now, they're saying that people who are putting more money into savings accounts are adding to the "problem." That blows me away too. What's wrong with a little conservatism? Jeez, louise. You'd think that learning our lesson about excessive consumption would be a good thing.

--Wag--

What are you talking about? That would require focusing our attention beyond next Friday, next month, or perhaps at best, next quarter?

Best wishes to those among us who may find themselves facing foreclosure. It is unfortunate that many who have been using their home as a piggy bank, or who bought more home than they had any business owning mask those out there who have tried to do the right thing and have been visited by unanticipated challenges.

for the last wo decades...america has been living off credit. living above thier means and now the rooster has come back to the henhouse.

i watched as my friends sold thier homes, and bought bigger ones....got home equity lines of credit and refinanced and pulled cash out of thier properties....

well they are now making payments or losing property they paid 2x what they were worth....and i am still here in my house. still living within my budget and not crying for help the government.

there were millions of us that were responsible, lived within our means, and paid our bills. it really pisses me off that i will now have to pay to bail out all those that wanted to get rich by flipping houses or bought something they could not afford....

Back