Busa Jules

Little blue pill, M.Ed.
Donating Member
Registered
This just about says it all.

After being interviewed by the school administration, the teaching prospect
said,

'Let me see if I've got this right:

'You want me to go into that room with all those kids, correct their disruptive behavior, observe them for signs of abuse, monitor their dress habits, censor their T-shirt messages, and instill in them a love for learning.

'You want me to check their backpacks for weapons, wage war on drugs and sexually transmitted diseases, and raise their sense of self esteem and personal pride.

'You want me to teach them patriotism and good citizenship, sportsmanship and fair play, and how to register to vote, balance a checkbook, and apply for a job. You want me to check their heads for lice, recognize signs of antisocial
behavior, and make sure that they all pass the state exams.

'You want me to provide them with an equal education regardless of their handicaps, and communicate regularly with their parents by letter, telephone, newsletter, and report card.

'You want me to do all this with a piece of chalk, a blackboard, a bulletin board, a few books, a big smile, and a starting salary that qualifies me for
food stamps. You want me to do all this and then you tell me:

I CAN'T PRAY?

to bad thats sooooo freaking true !!!!! you have my respect jules

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

That is hands down no BS. Well put Jules. I have lunch with my boys every week. Ben is in the 2nd grade, when their lunch room gets loud, one of the teachers claps their hands. The kids then clap and they have a little rythym they do and its all quiet again. Cody is in the 7th grade, it is all out chaos at his school. Last year was bad, but this year it is worse. Crazy loud. Oklahoma teachers are paid the 48th lowest in the nation, not near enough in my opinion. Props to all the teachers! :beerchug:

What's worse is that this isn't EXPECTED of parents?!

Much respect for all teachers...all that's put on you is just beyond reproach anymore, and I'm sorry, but teachers do NOT make nearly enough...

It's sad. Most teachers nowadays are the kids parents. I definatly couldn't handle your job girl. The first little snot that told me to stuff it, would be bad. You have my respect. God love you teachers it is a very thankless job.

Keeping the STATE out of the CHURCH is NOT meant to keep religion out of the Government. Big difference. But people read it how they want to.

good story. pray all you want. they can't stop you

why you can`t pray? I didn`t get it.

No "organized" prayer in school... (even the pledge of allegiance is not mandatory anymore.... students can refuse to say it... or even stand up)

I pray every day "God, please keep me from killing one of these little bastards today" :please:

Teachers, Doctors, EMT's, Firefighters and Soldiers should all be paid a heLL of alot more than they get for what they do. We love ya Jules, no one can say teachers do it for the money...hey coach?:beerchug:

I definitely don't coach for the money either.. I get a meesly $1,000 a year to Asst. coach Volleyball.... while the asst. football coaches make $15,000 a year :dunno:

Good points. My mother taught for 36 years and stills subs now after she retired.

The kids of today are far worse than when I was in school.

Teachers are horribly underpaid for what is expected.

No "organized" prayer in school... (even the pledge of allegiance is not mandatory anymore.... students can refuse to say it... or even stand up)

I pray every day "God, please keep me from killing one of these little bastards today" :please:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Wow.

Thanks for your 'service', Jules. It's a combat zone in there for certain. :beerchug:

Teachers, Doctors, EMT's, Firefighters and Soldiers should all be paid a heLL of alot more than they get for what they do. We love ya Jules, no one can say teachers do it for the money...hey coach?:beerchug:

+10,000. I've always said that teachers and LEOs should be the highest paid professions in our society.

If there were more emphasis on families (and not just the Leave It To Beaver kind), so many of the problems we have now would go away.

What's worse is that this isn't EXPECTED of parents?!

Much respect for all teachers...all that's put on you is just beyond reproach anymore, and I'm sorry, but teachers do NOT make nearly enough...
exactly what was going through my head...

The problem is this
More than half those things, parents should teaching to their kids!
School should be for reading, writing and arithmetic. Then in college, job prep.

And no, you still don't get paid enough.

And pray all the time. Organized prayer loss is sad. But they can't rule what goes on in our hearts and heads.

Last edited:
Sad to say but kids these days know that teachers cant touch them or they will get fired. Parents cant touch them or they will get arrested and cops can't touch them or they will get sued. There is nothing to deter kids from bad behavior, NOTHING. I feel for the teachers especially, all they can do is endure. At least as a LEO I can defend myself when they turn violent, teachers can't even do that.

My praises to Busa Jules and all teachers, I couldn't do that job. :bowdown::bowdown:

You are really have more patience than I do Jules! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

And I believe that teachers, military, and LEO's should be paid MUCH MORE than they are. Why are they paying someone millions to play sports and pennies to the most important people in our society?

As far as the Pledge - I could not believe it when we took our 5 yr old to public school this year. The "pledge" that they say in the morning was on the wall, and it was a pledge to their stupid school! They no longer say the pledge!! WTF?

Back