********* For all mobile users ********** TapaTalk going away *********

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Just wanted to let you all know that we will be doing away with TapaTalk on the forum soon. I know that some of you have invested a couple of dollars in the mobile app for your phone but it was good while it lasted. The support from the TapaTalk community has been very poor and getting worse, not to mention that the app locks up and runs very slowly these days.

We know that there are a lot of you that want a mobile platform to be able to quickly use on the site so we are moving to a new mobile platform called ForumRunner. We have been testing this new app for some time and I can tell you that we have not encountered a single lock up or problem since we installed it on the server. This new app is loading much faster and just has a better layout too. Many of the mods and admins have been using this for many weeks and we like it better all the way around.

You can get this app at the droid market or the Itunes store. If you just want to read the forum the app is free but if you want to post then just like TapaTalk you have to spend a couple of dollars. We haven't taken this change lightly and we do believe that this is the best course of action for the site and the membership.

For those that purchased the TapaTalk app I would keep it handy, there are a lot of forums that still use it and you never know when it will come in handy....

We will leave TapaTalk on for about 2 months and do our very best to continue to provide updates and visibility so that you can save your change to buy the new app. We have the new app live so if you choose to go ahead and make the change you can hit the oRg with forumrunner now. We do not have the notice turned on but we will be making that change in the near future. After our two month concurrent operation of these mobile apps we will turn off TapaTalk and go solely with ForumRunner....

I have also set this application up so that you must be a registered user to see the forum. So if you are a lurker, you need to use a web browser or register for an account.

If you have any questions or concerns please let us know....

Cap....

Last edited:
cool, i just got forumrunner today. taptalk has been crashing all the time on the forums i use it for.

Just got ForumRunner. I have to admit it seems a lot faster!:thumbsup:

Forum Runner

Not bad, still feeling my way around!

ForumRunner_20120220_213338.png

ForumRunner_20120220_213338.png

Just got ForumRunner. I have to admit it seems a lot faster!:thumbsup:

Forum Runner

I had been using it on a firearms forum for a bit without any issues. As soon it was activated here, I could really tell the difference. Much faster that Tapatalk is for me also.

Don't sweat the change. The principles are just the same you just may have to learn a few new ways to get the same result.

It seems like it is pretty close to tapatalk. Should be easy to transition to.

image-2802435259.jpg

Just got the full paid version of ForumRunner moments ago. Tapatalk has become Crapatalk for me.lately, just kept freezing. $2 isn't much at all considering how much $$ we all throw at our bikes every year....

ChattanoogaBusa said:
I like it. Could TT even do multiple attachments? :thumbsup:

Yes tt could do them but I think it was with the last update it had. I actually think I will like this app better.

Back