Foot pegs lowered

Boo

Registered
Probably a simple one for the experienced folk....:bowdown:...I'm lowered at the t-tree about an inch and am going to carve out the seat about an inch as well. Since I don't want my knees tucked under my jaw bone, I need to lower my foot pegs. I've seen the Buell option and another called TL-1000 that seem to require some tweaking to get them to fit / look right however I figure there's a bolt on actually meant for this mod. Looking closely at the stock, there's a rubber vibration or shock ring on it. I'd like to keep that feature. I'd appreciate any info I could get.

Thx...

P.S. I don't do social media, but this site has been very cool. Well done.

On the Gen 1 the tl1000 foot pegs are a direct swap.

I had the TL foot pegs first, and they look like they were made for the busa. I have gone to the Buell pegs as they lower the peg almost an inch over stock, but they have no pad and need slight modification to fit the busa. We have a member that sold the Buell pegs already with the mod, and all the attachment hardware, but I don't know if he is still doing them.

I'm lowered and seat cut and have the beull pegs . At 6' it feels pretty good

There is a good reason why so many of us use the Buell pegs. They work! You can buy them from gsx1300r-t. Send Joe a PM. He has this down to a science and sends you a kit that requires no mods on your part. The only thing you have to do is adjust your shifter and brake pedal, which you must do regardless of the lowering option you select. Although you lose the rubber pad on the peg, the brackets are still rubber mounted, so not much of an increase in vibration. I've modded a set myself, but quite frankly it took hours to get it right the first time and it still wasn't as nice of a job as Joe does. Believe me, I've looked into every option including having a set custom made (bilateral knee replacements) and this is the most cost effective way to make a real difference.

Just swap out the factory pegs with ProTek Pegs no alterations needed, instant 1 1/2" drop for your feet.

I have stock pipes...the bottom of the existing pegs are pretty close as is....does either mod require adjusting the pipes? I'm thinking as thick as my stock pegs are...they'll be fine.

Went with these...they verified and shipped in 15 minutes! I called just to verify that it actually happened. A very personable lady who knew her business said she was putting them in the box and heading out for the night and dropping them at shipping on her way out. I have a good feeling about these. :thumbsup:

image.jpg

^ those look similar in drop like the Buell pegs. i tried the Tl pegs and they looked great but not enough to drop my knees to give me comfort ergonomics. The Buell's are on the money if you are over 6' tall so i think the set you grabbed should suffice.:beerchug:

Yep...I think so too. They come in either a one inch or if pipes are modified allow a two inch drop. Several colors and a couple surface patterns. They don't sell to shops (yet)...says it keeps her costs down. I'm going to take a look around her web site.

You're right. If I had it to do over again I wouldn't buy them from Knight Design. Best to go with gsx1300r-t and his buell mod. I wish I'd have waited on his shipment to come in. Has nothing to do with cost or material....it's an integrity thing.

On the the hand I just saw a set of Vortex rear sets for $400.00+....guess it's all relative.

Agreed....the Knight Design peg mod is a perfect fit too however the reason is that the specs are EXACTLY the same as Joe's specs...how do you figure THAT happened????

Back