Foot gear

A'Busa'd

Donating Member
Registered
I was riding while wearing my favorite shoes, Adio skater shoes, and when I slowed to stop I found that the lace on my left shoe had looped itself around the shifter. I couldn't put my foot down. I finally got it off with no mishaps, but I figure that riding with laced sneakers isn't a good idea any more, so I'm looking for alternatives.

I've got a nice pair of Ariat boots that I wear when I'm on the Road Star, but I figure that they're not sporty enough for the Busa.

What do you all wear?

I have a Pair of Diadora Boots which I am still to start using...
blush.gif

Using a pair of Nike's now... but I know I have to make a habit of wearing riding boots! Its safer

I wear my Sidi Tepor Evo's at the track and my ICON SuperDuty boots for everyday riding. Both a good boot and VERY comfortable.

every day riding, i like the super duty, when im going riding all day and know im gonna be hitting the twisties i like the sidi's

I wear Joe Rocket Orbit Boots. Just bought them a month ago and they are very comfortable. About 80 buck w/free shipping. www.helmetcity.com

Danner rainforest boots. They've been my favorite hiking/riding boot for nearly 20 years. Took a ride to missoula mt. via lolo pass in the rain (and about 8 miles of snow). My feet were dry and the only warm thing on by bod.
Mark

I was riding while wearing my favorite shoes, Adio skater shoes, and when I slowed to stop I found that the lace on my left shoe had looped itself around the shifter.  I couldn't put my foot down.  I finally got it off with no mishaps, but I figure that riding with laced sneakers isn't a good idea any more, so I'm looking for alternatives.

I've got a nice pair of Ariat boots that I wear when I'm on the Road Star, but I figure that they're not sporty enough for the Busa.

What do you all wear?
You're lucky your lace didn't get caught in the front sprocket...

Sidi or Dainese

Wear something that protects your feet, ankles and shins.

I wore a hole through a steel toecap on one of my boots when my leg was under my 900 when it went down at around 50mph. Foot was fine, boot was trashed. Which do you prefer?

I wore a hole through a steel toecap on one of my boots when my leg was under my 900 when it went down at around 50mph. Foot was fine, boot was trashed. Which do you prefer?
I prefer to keep my feet, of course. I've had them for all these years had have gotten quite attached to them.
biggrin.gif

I guess I'm looking for something that will be good for riding and transfer to off-bike duty equally as well.

Joe Rocket Orbits. I believe they are made by Doc Marten for Joe Rocket. They are very comfortable on the bike and off. Hell, sometimes I wear them to work just 'cause.

I think I'm going to try the Teknic FreeStyle next. I like boots that I can get off the bike and walk right into the office and people will hardly notice, if at all that I'm attired in my riding gear.

Well, except for the big honkin' helmet in my hand.
laugh.gif

Back