Flashed my first ECU today (pics inside)

everything went great on the dyno today.

made a best of 161 with cheesy d and d pipe, and 213 with a 38 jet

everything including window switch, wot switch, map switching all done with stock ECU :)

Very good news. How bout posting a dynosheet? I'd just like to take a look at the power curve. Hows drivability? I cant wait to order that magic box from you after christmas so I can start playing. ;)

not sure, snow on the ground here LOL

Boostbysmithmotorwithnitrous.jpg

AFR looks pretty good:thumbsup: Why the low rpm jump to lean though? or is this just the point at which the throttle was hit? Also, is this your personal bike? So thats what a 50shot looks like on a bike huh? Friggen bad ass!:cheerleader:

So what was the baseline numbers? How much hp and tq was it putting down before tuning? Also, was this a dual slipon d and d or a full system? I'm just full of questions, huh? lol. I was a ritalin ranger LOL:rofl:

I have a few issues going against me, wasn't a fair comparison I don’t think, but it didn't hit as hard as I would have thought, anyone with 50 shot experience care to comment LOL?

Cool bottle, 1/2 full, no siphon tube and we had some issues with nitrous surging on the dyno with bottle in the hump bracket without siphon, ill get the bottle filled, and wait until there is no snow, warm it up and take another video LOL

it was snowing while i did this by the way

www.boostbysmith.com/Videos/nos.wmv

Very nice....so were you able to tuff it out long enough to warm it up good and see how the drivability is? I checked out your post on the ecu forums by the way. How many runs did it take to get her dialed in?

for nos like 3 or 4 runs, 2 of which nitrous was surging due to angle and no siphon tube and making a hp woopdee doo camel back looking curve LOL

driveability was much better, still needs a tad bit of tweaking between 2500-2800 very light throttle load

best bet is to upgrade to 02-07 electronics, thats what i am doing on my turbo bike, if not you have to open up the ecu etc, not worth it IMO
Ok, I have a 2001 and am wondering if I would need a to upgrade the wiring harness also. Is there a better ECU to upgrade to out of the 2002-2007's. Are there any write-ups on how to do this? Thanks.

Harness is good, 99 and 00 bikes have to repin a few wires but you are golden,

I think youy have to swap 2 wires for the crank pickup sensor which would take a minute or two

Change the crank rotor and ecu and you are good to go :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Both, but for fuel tuning etc on a dyno makes sense to do it on the bike as you can watch gauge data live etc
Posted via Mobile Device

Flashed my first sunday!! Greg, I finally got my Vista problems solved. Setup the air shifter, rev limiter and top speed restriction changed also. Sending it out soon to have it tuned. Thanks for all the help on the ECU hack forums also.

Back