Flashed my first ECU today (pics inside)

smithabusa

Site Sponsor
Registered
I started reading up on this a few days ago and ordered a couple of cables and the switches needed, and added a little bit of boostbysmith wiring LOL. I am really going to miss DaveO for this stuff, he sure knew it well.

Wow this stuff is cool....got home today and tried what you said and within 5 minutes I had gauge data working, and flashed me ECU for the first time, 11,200 RPM limiter with no 6th gear restriction (comes on at about 11,600 RPM) actual....How Cool :)

Here are a couple of pics of the cable and switch etc I put it in a box and added a couple of LEDs
Red comes on with power
Green LED means gauge data mode selected
Blue LED means flashing mode selected :)

I have it so i can remove the box from the bike by just unplugging the 6 pin molex connector I put on there.
I am geeked, gotta get the shift light programmed from the flapper solenoid and get the kill box going for air shifter :)

Possibilities are crazy with no extra hardware on the bike
Remove 6th gear restriction
Change Rev Limiters
Change Fuel Tables
Change Ignition Tables
Window Switch for NOS operation or Shift Light etc
Switchable maps for NOS etc
Etc
Etc
Etc

All just by flashing the ECU, too cool

Greg

ECU2.jpg

ecuflasher5.jpg

ecuflasher2.jpg

ecuflasher1.jpg

ecuflasher.jpg

screenshot.jpg

Last edited:
Friggin awesome, I do the same thing with my '95 Camaro with LT1 Edit. I was just wondering if the same could be done with the 'busa! Definitely beats a power commander. Once you get this thing licked I will be a return customer for some tuning. :D Too bad I won't be able to ride solid again until I finish my current job which ends in ~June '09. :(

P

Well....it works :) There is a whole forum dedicated to hacking these ecu's :)

Also can serve as an ignition kill box, autoshift etc

Is there anyway of datalogging with the factory ecu? I've been playing with turbo mitsubishi cars for a few years and that was possible via laptop or even a palm pilot. Of course in that situation there were OBD 1 & 2 ports. Sorry to come off topic somewhat. Maybe it was already covered in the forums somewhere? But I haven't stumbled across it yet and this is the kinda stuff I'm into. Wrenching without the wrenches kinda.

I started reading up on this a few days ago and ordered a couple of cables and the switches needed, and added a little bit of boostbysmith wiring LOL. I am really going to miss DaveO for this stuff, he sure knew it well.

Wow this stuff is cool....got home today and tried what you said and within 5 minutes I had gauge data working, and flashed me ECU for the first time, 11,200 RPM limiter with no 6th gear restriction (comes on at about 11,600 RPM) actual....How Cool :)

Here are a couple of pics of the cable and switch etc I put it in a box and added a couple of LEDs
Red comes on with power
Green LED means gauge data mode selected
Blue LED means flashing mode selected :)

I have it so i can remove the box from the bike by just unplugging the 6 pin molex connector I put on there.
I am geeked, gotta get the shift light programmed from the flapper solenoid and get the kill box going for air shifter :)

Possibilities are crazy with no extra hardware on the bike
Remove 6th gear restriction
Change Rev Limiters
Change Fuel Tables
Change Ignition Tables
Window Switch for NOS operation or Shift Light etc
Switchable maps for NOS etc
Etc
Etc
Etc

All just by flashing the ECU, too cool

Greg

ECU2.jpg

ecuflasher5.jpg

ecuflasher2.jpg

ecuflasher1.jpg

ecuflasher.jpg

screenshot.jpg

Nice,when will kit be ready to sell?

software is all available online through bikeland etc, i can get links for you

Kit is pretty much ready now, thinking in the $125 range for it, i would like to donate $25 or so from each unit to the DaveO fund as he was a huge part of all this.

No datalogging though, not enough ram on the ecu to do that.

software is all available online through bikeland etc, i can get links for you

Kit is pretty much ready now, thinking in the $125 range for it, i would like to donate $25 or so from each unit to the DaveO fund as he was a huge part of all this.

No datalogging though, not enough ram on the ecu to do that.

I'm interested in that software also Mr. Smith :thumbsup:What's it called?

Back