first service & oil...what oil did you use?

highestgrade

Donating Member
Registered
time for my first service @ 500....looking for oil advice...or any advice

DSC00742.jpg

Find the oil threads and decide for yourself. Better yet, don't go there, you'll definately be confused. I used castrol 10 40 then swithed to mobil1 at 3000 miles. All automotive oil and I know I'll be flogged for this but oh well.:laugh:

Used Suzuki oem oil for first change, only reason was a friend had given me couple of quarts, and then amsoil full synthetic 2nd change.

If you do any drag racing 20w-50. If not go with 10w-40. I change my oil every 1000 miles and rub her tank hoping she'll last. :please:

I use Mobil 1 4t Race, but you'll find a million different suggestions. Actually it all good you won't hear of a motor failing due to type of oil used. Just use what you like.

yeah well in Trinidad it's not like there's alot of choice....but i called a guy & he told me he has the castrol 10w-40

Suzuki first change, and amsoil on the next one

I use Mobil 1 4t Race, but you'll find a million different suggestions. Actually it all good you won't hear of a motor failing due to type of oil used. Just use what you like.

+1 on that. All oil that meets standards is gonna be fine in your bike for as long as you run it. I run suzuki oil in mine with suzuki filters.

Back