First gear issues

Playing the game of who is the idiot here. Parts guy at the Suzuki dealer told me I needed to do some reading before I put an unsafe bike on the road.

When looking at the diagram of the rear swingarm I told him that's odd, the picture shows the swingarm spacer goes on the right side of the swingarm when it actually goes on the left. (Number 5 in the diagram) After doing some research I can see he just printed the wrong year and at some point the spacer moved from one side to the other.

Now the odd part, he tells me well there is a spacer on both sides. Replied with there are only holes to bolt it up on the left side of the swingarm. Gave me the speech he's been riding 44 years and working at Suzuki for 19 years and I need to do more research before I put an unsafe bike on the road.

Can't wait to go back up there and explain to him both points of false information he tried to feed me. It's okay to be wrong, but to be condescending when in reality he was wrong, that pisses me off!

/end rant

View attachment 1653180

View attachment 1653179

View attachment 1653177
I don’t bother with them. I just do my own research and order parts online, but with some many busas being parted out, you can probably find a whole swingarm for cheap on eBay and remove some more chrome from your bike.

Finally no more stretch also!

IMG_4683[1].JPG

I don’t bother with them. I just do my own research and order parts online, but with some many busas being parted out, you can probably find a whole swingarm for cheap on eBay and remove some more chrome from your bike.
I went to the local dealer because I wanted to get it back on the road today. Started to remove the stretch and realized the chain tensioner bolts were the wrong size. And I went up there to get the spacer because all the online sources said weeks to ship. Otherwise Partzilla has been great.

That's a great idea about the swingarm. I'll have to start looking on there when I recover some funds. Would love to swap the swingarm and rims for black. That will probably be a winter project though. I'm out of funds and ready to put some serious miles on this thing! Pretty much the only things I'll be changing until it gets colder is stuff that is worn out or cheap.

I went to the local dealer because I wanted to get it back on the road today. Started to remove the stretch and realized the chain tensioner bolts were the wrong size. And I went up there to get the spacer because all the online sources said weeks to ship. Otherwise Partzilla has been great.

That's a great idea about the swingarm. I'll have to start looking on there when I recover some funds. Would love to swap the swingarm and rims for black. That will probably be a winter project though. I'm out of funds and ready to put some serious miles on this thing! Pretty much the only things I'll be changing until it gets colder is stuff that is worn out or cheap.
They never have anything In stock around me and takes two trips anyways. One to order and another to pick up when it arrives. I’ve seen swingarms as cheap as $60 dollars on eBay, so might be worth looking.

They never have anything In stock around me and takes two trips anyways. One to order and another to pick up when it arrives. I’ve seen swingarms as cheap as $60 dollars on eBay, so might be worth looking.
I definitely should have checked for full swingarms on ebay! I searched for the smaller parts I needed, but I probably could have picked up a black swingarm with all the parts I needed for like $25 more than just the spacers and bolts lol.

Playing the game of who is the idiot here. Parts guy at the Suzuki dealer told me I needed to do some reading before I put an unsafe bike on the road.
Can't wait to go back up there and explain to him both points of false information he tried to feed me. It's okay to be wrong, but to be condescending when in reality he was wrong, that pisses me off!

Without saying anything negative about the extensive experience I have gone through with regards to this phenomenon, I have figured out where the authorities are and who has been proven to be correct and beneficial one hundred percent of the time. I know to completely come to a determination, for example, right here with regards to the Hayabusa, and I can take the answers found here to the bank and deposit them. Everyone else can either service those answers or I am immediately moving on.

Implied here is continuing thanks to all of the contributors to this forum. You people are nothing short of the best around.

Last edited:
Posted in the classified section looking for a replacement rim. Found out the hard way I had a leak when it started bouncing around at 120 in a turn. There is a small crack on the rim edge. It looks like it is just the chrome that has cracked, but I'm not sure what to do other than replace the rim.

I'm sure I could have it repaired but I assume that would cost just as much, if not more than a cheap replacement rim.

IMG_4696[1].JPG

Get you $10 dollars worth of black plastidip and spray them. You’ll be surprised how well plastidip held up on my old set of wheels. Just follow @InfiniteReality advise and don’t use them on painted parts just to be safe.
I'm pretty confident in my wrenching skills, but when it comes to painting I might as well be blind. That is not a skill I am good at, I've tried and failed too many times lol.

Getting closer to where I want it to be!

Black rear wheel will be here later this week. Trying to decide if I want to paint the mirrors for now or just leave them til I can afford to replace them. Have decided I want some vortex rearsets also, but that will be a winter time thing.

View attachment 1654298

Gsxr mirrors for better visability.

Yeap, I run 2005 gsxr 600 ones I believe and combined them with spacers. I can actually see behind me now. Emgo brand is popular for aftermarket gsxr replacement.

2005 Gsxr600 work great, but are the older 1000 versions.
2005 Gsxr1000 mirrors have the built in turn signals.
They will also fit, you just need to wire them in to the turn signals or running lights.

2005 Gsxr600 work great, but are the older 1000 versions.
2005 Gsxr1000 mirrors have the built in turn signals.
They will also fit, you just need to wire them in to the turn signals or running lights.
Yeap, I run 2005 gsxr 600 ones I believe and combined them with spacers. I can actually see behind me now. Emgo brand is popular for aftermarket gsxr replacement.
Thanks for the info! Will have to get some ordered on pay day since they are fairly cheap. I'm constantly adjusting my current mirrors because they suck. I have the right mirror set for normal upright riding and the left mirror set for tucked position so I at least have 1 usable mirror at all times lol.

I'm not sure if I want to go with the blinker style or not. I kinda like the stock turn signals on the front so I'll probably get the basic mirrors without signals.

One of these days I need to figure out what to do about rear turn signals. I've been wanting to ask a cop what their opinion was on the legality of my current setup, but I don't really want to open that can of worms. Either way I feel like people can't see them during the day. I need someone to ride it so I can follow behind them and see what they look like for myself, but all my friend are scared of the Busa.

**Edited to more accurately represent my group of 1 friend that has a license, lol**

Thanks for the info! Will have to get some ordered on pay day since they are fairly cheap. I'm constantly adjusting my current mirrors because they suck. I have the right mirror set for normal upright riding and the left mirror set for tucked position so I at least have 1 usable mirror at all times lol.

I'm not sure if I want to go with the blinker style or not. I kinda like the stock turn signals on the front so I'll probably get the basic mirrors without signals.

One of these days I need to figure out what to do about rear turn signals. I've been wanting to ask a cop what their opinion was on the legality of my current setup, but I don't really want to open that can of worms. Either way I feel like people can't see them during the day. I need someone to ride it so I can follow behind them and see what they look like for myself, but all my friend are scared of the Busa.

**Edited to more accurately represent my group of 1 friend that has a license, lol**
Here is my setup.

image.jpg

You don't need anyone to ride it to check the turn signals, just walk behind it in the daytime with them on to see how visible they are...personally I like all my lights as bright and visible as I can get them.

My bike came with dark tinted covers on the rear signal lights and I took them off right away.

You don't need anyone to ride it to check the turn signals, just walk behind it in the daytime with them on to see how visible they are...personally I like all my lights as bright and visible as I can get them.

My bike came with dark tinted covers on the rear signal lights and I took them off right away.
It's more about the angle of vision from a vehicle I'm concerned with. I pretty much know the answer is they need to be changed for something not under the tail, but have wanted to see what they look like to others on the road. I assume a cop would not give my current setup a pass, but I have yet to be bothered by a cop on the Hayabusa which blows me away given how damn loud it is.

IMG_4739[1].JPG

IMG_4741[1].JPG

Back