I have experienced something numerous times
with the Busa and just wondering if anyone else
has had this problem.. anyways taking off from a
light for example fairly aggressively and shifting
1st to 2nd.. then bike pops outta gear. all is fine
heard this happens.. but while still coasting I attempt
to drop down into 1st gear and when I try to with clutch
disengaged and slowly releasing to get into gear I hear
a nasty clunk and a sound like the gears are not meshing up just riding on the outer edges, so when I hear this I either come to a stop if I can or just go back to neutral and then back down to first...

anyone have this issue before?

Thanks
Joe.

common problem with Busa, most likely... dog ears on gears are rounded and you may have bent a shift fork. I had a similar problem. Pulled my motor and racecut my gears replaced shift fork and installed a pro shift shifting star. No problems since. Good luck

when that happens, rev the motor up to about 8k and shift up into second. Happens to me also.

(kaze1300 @ Mar. 27 2007,09:17) common problem with Busa, most likely... dog ears on gears are rounded and you may have bent a shift fork. I had a similar problem. Pulled my motor and racecut my gears replaced shift fork and installed a pro shift shifting star. No problems since. Good luck
Thanks very much for the replies.. definitely something to look into.. do you think just the shift fork and shifting star would remedy the problem or do I really have to go to the extent of the race-cut??? what did it cost for the race-cut if you don't mind me asking and where would I get that done if I went that route..

Thanks again for the replies.

Joe

A.P.E. did all my machine work. Could spend 100.00 to 500, on your tranny. If you go thru the work of pulling the motor to replace the shift fork, any mechanic shoud be able to tell you if your gears are rounded and if you should go that route. When i pulled my motor, i went ahead and put cams in it sent out the crank, race cut the tranny. You could try the shift star first that should help your shifting, give you a more definative shift see where that gets you and go from there..Good luck

(kaze1300 @ Mar. 28 2007,07:08) A.P.E. did all my machine work. Could spend 100.00 to 500, on your tranny. If you go thru the work of pulling the motor to replace the shift fork, any mechanic shoud be able to tell you if your gears are rounded and if you should go that route. When i pulled my motor, i went ahead and put cams in it sent out the crank, race cut the tranny. You could try the shift star first that should help your shifting, give you a more definative shift see where that gets you and go from there..Good luck
Thanks a whole lot.. I really do appreciate your input....
definitely going to look into the shift star, I prefer to start
with the easy less costly route myself and then go from
there if that does not solve the problem... as much as
I would love to just go all out the wife and kids might
want to still have food on the table.. so slow but steady
for me...
cool.gif

Thanks again..
Joe..

Last night I noticed my Busa felt like it skipped a tooth on the sprocket, or a link on the chain... revved out 1st gear and I felt a "click", almost felt like it spun the tire and I lost accelleration, but i definitely heard a click. It didn't pop out of gear though, it happened in 1st and stayed in 1st. My chain seems fine, bike only has 1,400 miles, what should I look at?

(TurboSN95 @ Apr. 25 2007,05:30) Last night I noticed my Busa felt like it skipped a tooth on the sprocket, or a link on the chain... revved out 1st gear and I felt a "click", almost felt like it spun the tire and I lost accelleration, but i definitely heard a click.  It didn't pop out of gear though, it happened in 1st and stayed in 1st.   My chain seems fine, bike only has 1,400 miles, what should I look at?
This sort of thing happened to me and it turned out to be wheelspin.
biggrin.gif

(V8Pinto @ Apr. 25 2007,09:57)
(TurboSN95 @ Apr. 25 2007,05:30) Last night I noticed my Busa felt like it skipped a tooth on the sprocket, or a link on the chain... revved out 1st gear and I felt a "click", almost felt like it spun the tire and I lost accelleration, but i definitely heard a click.  It didn't pop out of gear though, it happened in 1st and stayed in 1st.   My chain seems fine, bike only has 1,400 miles, what should I look at?
This sort of thing happened to me and it turned out to be wheelspin.  
biggrin.gif
That was my initial thought and I hope that's what it was.... the first time, the tires were somewhat cold.. The 2nd time I just rode it for about 30 minutes straight and just got done pegging the speedometer, so i know they were warmed up.

(TurboSN95 @ Apr. 24 2007,23:30) Last night I noticed my Busa felt like it skipped a tooth on the sprocket, or a link on the chain... revved out 1st gear and I felt a "click", almost felt like it spun the tire and I lost accelleration, but i definitely heard a click.  It didn't pop out of gear though, it happened in 1st and stayed in 1st.   My chain seems fine, bike only has 1,400 miles, what should I look at?
Mine did this when i first purchased it. Since it was less than a week old i took it back to the dealer and it was the chain jumping a tooth onthe front sprocket. I think they just adjusted the chain and I never had the prob again.

(TurboSN95 @ Apr. 25 2007,08:30) Last night I noticed my Busa felt like it skipped a tooth on the sprocket, or a link on the chain... revved out 1st gear and I felt a "click", almost felt like it spun the tire and I lost accelleration, but i definitely heard a click.  It didn't pop out of gear though, it happened in 1st and stayed in 1st.   My chain seems fine, bike only has 1,400 miles, what should I look at?
Problem solved... it really helps when your chain is adjusted properly.
crazy.gif

Back