First bike

The trouble starts when you make a mistake caused perhaps by other circumstances, while your reflexes are not yet developed, and to top it off, a lot of our natural reflexes are wrong when it comes to bikes.
Exactly! When YOU make mistakes. You're cracking up at those of us who won't perpetuate the start small garbage, yet you say yourself that it's the rider's fault. See my quote from your post.
wink.gif

It has nothing to do with what you're riding. There are people with years and miles of seat time that can't handle a busa or any other serious bike when the rubber meets the road. So, do we also say then that the busa is not the bike for experienced riders? It's exactly the same as saying it's not a beginner bike because there are some who can't start out on it. Exactly the same.

It comes down to the rider's abilities and brains, not the bike. A mistake is a mistake no matter how big or small the bike is and no matter how many horsepower you're putting to the rear wheel. Arguing that the chosen bike is at fault is just as ignorant as blaming guns for deaths. Fact is, the blame for whatever happens lies with the rider or the shooter. A busa will sit in the garage for YEARS on the side stand and not fall or crash. A gun will lay in a safe for YEARS without firing a single shot. It's not until someone takes them out and does something stupid that there are problems.

The argument that a (insert bike name here) isn't a good first bike for a beginner is the biggest load of crap in the bike riding world, in my opinion. Learning can hurt or be expensive no matter what you ride. Lack of experience and/or stupidity is the blame, not your bike of choice. If you use common sense and ride smart you stand just as good of a chance of learning to ride on a busa without mishap as you would a 600. If you ride past your abilities and ride stupid you're doomed if you ride a scooter.

The busa isn't somehow mysteriously or magically transformed into an ill handling, fire breathing, uncontrollable beast just because you're new to riding. Puuuuuuuuhleeeeeeeease!

Yeah, I know. The trend these days is to blame someone or something else for our shortcomings. Bull crap! I make mistakes and I am responsible for them. My choice of bikes does NOT change that. If I go down it will no doubt be my fault unless it's a mechanical failure. Plain and simple...

there is a very well designed reason we all CRAWL before we walk, and walk before we RUN.
Anyone can HANDLE the Busa, it's the lack of experience a newbie CAN'T handle.  Fact, not an opinion.
Hey WWJD,

You have a point with the crawl before we walk thing. However, we don't start out with stumps and grow thighs and knees for crawling, then calves and feet for walking and running. We start with ALL the equipment and slowly learn to use it all, right? It has nothing to do with the equipment we have. It has EVERYTHING to do with how we go about learning to use it.
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: "Stupid mistakes"|1070742763 -->

If you have to ask, no.

I bought my first bike over three years ago and, as the only bike I've owned, I'm still riding it today. What does that tell you? Absolutely nothing!
laugh.gif

One thing is for sure, I never asked anyone if it was ok.
wink.gif

Back