Finally stepping up...

Speednut

Registered
I have decided to step up to the plate and get a low beam HID 6000K for the Hayabusa. I have an 07. My question is, where do I find the best price from a site sponsor... And also, how hard is the install on a scale of 1-10. I hope to order this item in the next 2 days, so any replies would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys and girls. I did a search, but didn't find much on the HID topic for some reason. Maybe people use different words instead of HID?

call xenon king and you get a great org discount. as for install mine was done at the stealership. after having mine installed i couldnt believe i ever rode without hid. nighttime riding no longer so scary

thanks bulldog. I keep hearing the same reviews about HID's. I have to get mine. I looked at xenon king website for install directions. Doesnt seem too bad. I wonder if I have to take the nose section off etc since i have never done that before... Hopefully someone will chime in. I know a lot of guys here have it done

Install is a 2 on a 10 scale if you have mechanical ability.

HID is the word I use, and its a great investment.

The gate sentry on base hates when I pull up at night
cool.gif

I'm sure the directions will tell me, but will I have to remove the whole front nose section? I have never had to remove that yet. And is there any major differences between the mcculloch and that other brand from xenon king. the price difference was only about 20 bucks, so i figured i would just go with the mcculloch.

No you do not have to remove the nose for low beam only. I put the ballast and igniter under the right(brake) side inner. Install is easy as pie.
Sorry can't help on the difference in McCulloch and Vision Pro. Other than I believe the VP has a 1 piece ballast and ignitor where the McCulloch's are separate.

You will not be disappointed with this purchase!
beerchug.gif

thanks busa bret. do more people get the mcculloch or are they the same basically? i am ordering tomorrow afternoon. gotta call them and see what the org price is. thanks for the help!

I'm sure the directions will tell me, but will I have to remove the whole front nose section? I have never had to remove that yet. And is there any major differences between the mcculloch and that other brand from xenon king. the price difference was only about 20 bucks, so i figured i would just go with the mcculloch.
I have bought 4 kits from Xenon King.

My Busa got the 6K McCullogh in 2005 when I got it new.
Haven't had a single problem with it yet. But obviously
my bike is stored indoors and not used as much.

My SUV got the same kit in 2006 and both ballasts burned
out on me, but XenonKing honored the warranty and replaced
them both (separate times).

Yes, you have to remove the nose. It's just easier...trust me.
On a scale of 1 - 10 unless you're a total retard, it's like a 3-5
Nothing hard at all, just removing your mirrors, some set screws,
and a few plastic push pins in the front cowl. Piece of cake.

BusaHIDInstall.jpg

i've done both low and hi beam...easiest way to install is to take both inners off, then take your gauge cluster out...this should give you plenty of room to work...i mounted my ballast and igniter on the right side on top of the air intake tube...good luck with it and make sure all of your wires are tied back away from the steering stabilizer

i just installed mine and nto to bad ok well dr1300r did most of it but one ballast on top air tube the other in the front more pretty easy

took the cluster and the upper inners off and alot of room just had to use a homemeade spacer for the low beanm but worked amazing

On a scale of 1 - 10 unless you're a total retard, it's like a 3
for some reason that was pretty funny! i plan on getting one this x-mas from the king.

just got off the phone with xenonking. ordered the 6000k mcculloch. says they will be shipping it out tomorrow, so i should have it in a few days. i am excited. ninja, what did you use for the lowbeam home made spacer? i hear people needing to do it, and would like to buy whatever i need ahead of time if possible!

If you want to come this direction, we can do lunch and install the kit. Its not bad.

just got off the phone with xenonking. ordered the 6000k mcculloch. says they will be shipping it out tomorrow, so i should have it in a few days. i am excited. ninja, what did you use for the lowbeam home made spacer? i hear people needing to do it, and would like to buy whatever i need ahead of time if possible!
I've got a pic of my bike and a friends bike, two GSX-R750's, mine with the 6000k and his with factory. I'll dig it up.

Here's a complete step by step how to on HID install. The very first step is how I made my spacer for the low beam bulb. There's a lot of extra wiring that I did, that you won't need to do if you're not installing a timed relay.

Back